Wiki Posts
Search

New Novak trade-in website

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default New Novak trade-in website

I was wondering if any of the Novak reps could explain the new trade-in webpage. The old was is gone, and the new one has replace and exchange columns.. no "upgrade". I'm wondering if turning in a ballistic 540 for a new ballistic 550 would be considered an "exchange", or if it's no longer possible to do such a thing.
I just posted it on here so the answer can be searched later by others that may have the same question.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

would be an "exchange" which would be $75.
"replace" would mean you're replacing your 540 for another 540.
No I'm not a Novak rep. but it's what Novak Two is going to tell you...I would think.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
would be an "exchange" which would be $75.
"replace" would mean you're replacing your 540 for another 540.
No I'm not a Novak rep. but it's what Novak Two is going to tell you...I would think.
That's why I'm waiting for the novak rep to respond. The old web page (last week) had an "upgrade" column, which was the price for doing exactly what I'm describing. However, it was about $10 more.. Perhaps they no longer want people to turn in one kind of motor to get an entirely different kind. You may be correct, and they've lowered their price, but I'd like it clarified by an "expert".
Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

If you wish to EXCHANGE your item for a different item, select the product you wish to exchange into in the table below to determine the exchange price (far right column). Note that a speed control can only be exchanged for another speed control, and that a motor can only be exchanged for another motor.
Looks like you are going to pay $75
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
I was wondering if any of the Novak reps could explain the new trade-in webpage. The old was is gone, and the new one has replace and exchange columns.. no "upgrade". I'm wondering if turning in a ballistic 540 for a new ballistic 550 would be considered an "exchange", or if it's no longer possible to do such a thing.
I just posted it on here so the answer can be searched later by others that may have the same question.
Our older programs were very comprehensive, but harder to use; so we divided our information into two pages. One (Trade-In Program) for currently manufactured/re manufactured products and the other page (Legacy Lifetime) for discontinued products.

We also upgraded our offerings---now you can trade/exchange any current BL motor for any other BL motor---no limitations; in addition, you may also exchange any current controller for any other currently mfg esc.

So, answering your particular question:

Exchanging a Ballistic 540 motor for a Ballistic 550 motor is 75.00 plus shipping; the form you need to complete is linked from the top of the page.