Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loss of range

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Loss of range

I have a Spektrum 2.0 and it has lost a great deal of range. Any ideas? I replaced all the batteries....
Old 10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It just lost range all of a sudden? Have you recently built or rebuilt anything so that any electronics may be in a different location than when it previously worked? Changed any settings lately that could affect it? Have you closely inspected the connections?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Check for a kink in the antenna wire. I had a kink at the antenna tube post and it DRAMATICALLY decreased range. Had to just cut that part out and resolder the wire.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

All the equipment is in the same spot, no rebuilds. I did notice that the antenna wire had a broken spot on it at the top. About an inch from the end. Could that be the cause? IF so what is the fix? Clip it and reconnect? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Had the same thing happen to a dx 2.0 i had all of a sudden the range became really short, tried everything i could think of ended up getting a new radio problem fixed, If you have a friend with a Spektrum try binding his transmitter to you rig and see what happens.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

When I first recieved my DX3S with telemetry I was using the SR3300T. The range is about half that of it's half price cousin the SR300. I made the switch in all my cars. Then I noticed that when I put my transponder in the radio box of my NTC3 it would lose range and "go crazy" even at short distances. I got the transponder away from it and haven't had a problem since.