New DX2S issues

Old 10-17-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default New DX2S issues

Anyone had this problem , I line up at the track to start, and while we're waiting to start , my truck will go into reverse and roll backwards until I hit the throttle trigger then it stops, a couple weeks ago, it was turning left and in the apex it went full right turn and slammed off the track. I called Horizon and they're sending me a s300 reciever to see if that's the fix. All of us guys have been spending lots of cash on higher end electronics in our 4x4 SCt's and having lots of issues, including the havoc pro esc's the ballistic 4.5 motors and the older silver 4.5 novak motors that come from nitrohouse with their hyper's. The rotor seems to be epoxied to the center shaft and it comes loose and spins the magnet around the drive shaft. And without any over heating issues, the other is novak pro esc's are going out as well. we've had 1 smoke up, thankfully the other 2 are still okay. Sucks to spend money on high end parts only to have the rtr stuff out last it.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

found the problem, I got my new reciever, and bam, no problems anymore. also another Ballistic 4.5 lost 2 of the wires from the sensor plug. They came loose, the factory solder came undone I think, another one for good ol' Novak, that makes 4 failed Novak systems here.