Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Telemetry

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Spektrum Telemetry

Hi all, I got a spektrum DX3S w/the s3300rt telemetry sensor. I got everything installed. The weird thing is the RPM sensor works when i lift up my Savage 25 and give it throttle. Only when it's on the ground and it's moving, the RPM goes DOWN to zero and doesn't read anymore. Even jus doin circles in front of me. And when i stop and leave it to idle, the RPM doesn't come up. I put the black dot on my silver faced flywheel.

Temp / batt all works great. Love this radio. Any thoughts ?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

maybe your clutch moves when you set it down, thus making them not align?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

take all that crap off. I tried hooking up all that telementry stuff on mine too, didnt work worth a crap. and I had the mirror sticker passing perfectly and still nothing. The only thing I still use is the temp sensor. which im about to take that off and just buy a hand temp gauge. yesterday I was racing and my temps were reading wayyyy high. some fellow racer took his temp gun and was getting the right temp. besides I couldn't find a point in needing a RPM read out anyway.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default temp

well, it's cool to see the tach jumping hahaha...

as for the temp, u need to put the wire around the cooling fin that is closest to ur temp gun reading. Worked for me .. easier than carrying around another piece of equip. Esp when im running 2 cars.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I will try that. And was also curious about where to mount temp wire. I had it around the bottom base of the cooling head

was that not right?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Default temp

that's a good place to start. That's where i had mine. But when some pplz read it w/their temp gun and it was cooler than the spektrum temp,u move it up the cooling head to match the reading as close as possble.

No luck w/the RPM ?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default RPM

So my rpm is now working and very kewl, the problem w/mounting was 1) wasn't close enough, i am now about 2-3 mm from the flywheel. 2) my mod of the RPM board : had to cut the corners so i could tilt the PCB w/out hitting the engine housing. This allowed me to tilt the RPM PCB so that the entire board was behind the housing, which allowed a better view of my black dot. I think it was sticking out 1/2 way b4, not capturing the full picture. Hope this helps !!