Wiki Posts
Search

Lost Steering From Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Lost Steering From Radio

hey guys,

sorry for the newbie post here but I just bought a new Rustler VXL 2.4 and i was just cruising it around and all of a sudden I lost steering.

There is NO binding, nothing broke, the wheels turn side to side with no binding however when you turn the wheel on the radio there is nothing....

pretty lost at this point since this thing is only 2 days old and my first electric car and second in total.....

again, sorry for the post, just hoping someone might have an idea....

Thanks in advance
Old 05-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I assume you cant hear the servo turning when you turn the wheel. If not you should try checking the connections closely, and finally, re-bind the Tx/Rx and try again. If you can hear the servo turning, but you are not getting any wheel action then you may have broken something, or maybe the servo saver came loose. 9 out of 10 times these types of problems can be discovered by close inspection, the other 1 time its a faulty equipment. If you dont discover anything then send Traxxas an email or phone call. They are super at helping out customers to get up and going.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Right,

nothing from the servo when turning the wheel from the radio. However when you turn the wheels manually you hear it.

I will follow your advice and check the connections. Its either that or the servo crapped out already

hey man, appreciate your reply