Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default quality control

Originally Posted by billdelong
pretty typical for me too... try rebinding the Rx... if that doesn't work, then try replacing the Rx, if that doesn't work then switch to a better quality brand.

I once owned 10 radios from Fly Sky... I'm currently down to 2 left working of the original 10 that I bought. Most started giving me problems as early as 6 months into using them... two of them have been going for nearly 5 years without a single glitch... kinda hit or miss on the quality overall.
Is it the tx or rx that most often fails or either? Does the system have a failsafe that kicks in if the tx or rx fails? I run nitro so I'm concerned with the thought of a runaway. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrettL
Is it the tx or rx that most often fails or either? Does the system have a failsafe that kicks in if the tx or rx fails? I run nitro so I'm concerned with the thought of a runaway. Thanks.
This video shows how to set up the fail safe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXKC5wffI44

Last edited by drewbagel423; 04-30-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by drewbagel423
Hey guys can you help me? Just got my GT3B today and I'm having some troubles. Of course the manual is no help. I can't figure out how to get the forward/reverse set up correctly.

With 1 & 2 both set to NOR, turning the radio wheel left turns the tires right, and pulling the trigger makes the car go in reverse.
Setting 1 to REV and 2 to NOR makes the wheels turn in the correct direction, and pulling the trigger makes the rear wheels turn as if to go forward, but the motor thinks it's going backwards. I know this because the motor only brakes when pushing the trigger then pulling it, not the other way around. Also, the motor only spins about 50% of max speed when pulling the trigger, vs 100% when pushing.
Setting 1 & 2 to REV makes the front wheels turn correctly, but now pulling the trigger makes the car go in reverse (albeit at 100% speed).
Setting 1 to NOR and 2 to REV makes the front wheels turn the wrong way, and pulling the trigger makes the car go in reverse at 100%.

Please help.
Not sure if this was answered yet, but if you're running a sensorless brushless setup (castle creations products or similar) you should leave your channels both reversed on the radio in order to get the correct steering and 100% throttle when you pull the trigger back. To make the car go the right direction, switch any two of the motor wires where they plug into the ESC. Switching the motor wires will reverse the direction of the motor without changing the signal to the ESC. This should fix your problem. Make sure the system is sonsorless, though. Sensored systems don't like having the motor wires switched around, and will generally have a setting in the ESC itself for motor direction.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drewbagel423
This video shows how to set up the fail safe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXKC5wffI44

Thanks for the link.

I've read that the expo didn't work on these radios a first. Has that been fixed on the newer ones?
Old 05-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

I've got two radios, one is working fine, the other don't There is a guy selling upgraded software and upgraded radios
http://overkillrc.3dcartstores.com/G...g-Kit_p_9.html
Old 05-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GR3C/E/F receivers? Will they all work with a GT3B Tx?

EDIT: Also, additional question: I hacked my GT3B with 0.6.1 firmware, but now I can only adjust the steering endpoints in one direction, to the right. When I turn the steering wheel, it doesn't change which way the arrow is pointing. Anybody else experience this?

Last edited by drewbagel423; 05-03-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I have the FLY SKY FS-GT3B, and recently I was able to truely play with my RC at a large parking lot (very large). So, my problem is, at about 200-250 feet my connection to the Tx and Rx are lost. I walk closer to the car and it's back. Range issues.....

Has anyone else experienced this with their FLY SKY FS-GT3B? I am using the receiver that came with the control. And I am controlling a Revo 3.3.

I have done nothing with the firmware or SW on the control.....everything is stock.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Fatts
I have the FLY SKY FS-GT3B, and recently I was able to truely play with my RC at a large parking lot (very large). So, my problem is, at about 200-250 feet my connection to the Tx and Rx are lost. I walk closer to the car and it's back. Range issues.....

Has anyone else experienced this with their FLY SKY FS-GT3B? I am using the receiver that came with the control. And I am controlling a Revo 3.3.

I have done nothing with the firmware or SW on the control.....everything is stock.
My experimenting indicates it's the receiver and not the radio is the range problems. Some receivers (recent ones) I've bought don't have any problems to as much as 75 -90 yards. I mean goo grief how big is the track your racing at!? That's almost a football field in length. Also the Rx antenna placement is very important, don't rap it around anything, have it vertical for at least the last 3 inches, the rest can be horizontal but straight. Like in RC Airplanes, keep the Rx antenna AWAY FROM anything electrical in the car / truck especially the motor and ESC. All give out Rf in all frequencies and can interfere.

These FlySky radios (Tx) are very very good and I like them, but the Rx are a bit circumspect. I think early ones (Rx) were hit n miss.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Rookie

It looks like I have some trouble with the potentiometer from the throttle trigger from my GT3B . Does somebody knows where I can buy a replacement potentiometer ?
Old 10-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Flysky gt3b issue.

My son has a Flysky GT3B radio, he purchased it 3 months ago. Just recently I bought him rechargeable AA batteries (duracel). AA batts were fully charged before using them. After 2 bash sessions with that Tx and rechargeable batts, the low battery alarm started going off. Voltage showed below 8.4v......remind you, only two bashing sessions around 30 min. each. I swapped the rechargables to regular duracel batts while the others recharged. With a fresh pack of AA, the alarm is still going off and it shows the voltage at around 8v, remind you again, it's a fresh pack of AA. I'm not sure if its the Tx tripping out, or if I did purchase some bad batts. Im going to get another pack to try it again.

Has anyone else experienced this type of issue with this radio?

Folks, I know this is a cheap radio, please be cool....i'm trying to troubleshoot this issue for my son. He has 4 other cars linked to this control, so i do want to try to resolve it without having to go out and purchasing a tx and a few rx's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

**no upgrades have been done to the tx....firmware, mods, etc.....it's bone stock.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

What are the mah on the rechargeable batteries.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can you check the voltage with a multimeter?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Geezatec
What are the mah on the rechargeable batteries.
http://www.grainger.com/product/DURA...le%20batteries
Old 10-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 18to88
Can you check the voltage with a multimeter?
i'll check the voltage after work. that totally slipped my mind.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

It takes a few time for rechargeable take their max amperage, I use 2700mah AA on M11, last at 1hr and a half. 8.5 voltage it starts to giving low batt, it should. I starts at 12 volt, 8.5v they loose efficient volts for TX to operate.

Give a few charge times for rechargeable to be more amperage efficincey. What do you use to charge the batteries. Hopefully you use a charger the go 500ma only. Anything higher will overheat the batteries, heat kills the batteries.

Rechareables low voltage will stop immediately, not like alkaline.Maybe the TX went bonkers of alkaline were bad already Try another set a batteries!! Got me stumped!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.