Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Antmax
I made sure that ABS wasn't on and also tried new unused model numbers when I got my second RC with similar symptoms. Unfortunately I'm pretty certain it is the transmitter.
Are you using the GT3B with original firmware? Do you have the expo set on throttle? Because this behavior of the reverse is somehow similar with cripled expo behavior on throttle.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

I am using the STVP (ST Visual Programmer) on Windows 7 64-bit with no problem. Some problems with STVP could be caused with mobile phone software like Nokia Suite and similar or software using USB/serial converters, which are using virtual COM ports.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 66
so now that more channels are available going to 0.6.1 gt3b radio i am wondering what rx are compatible ??? right now i am using the gt3c rx simple...i see 4 slots....ch1,ch2,ch3 and battery.....thanks..
All latest Flysky RX are compatible, f.e.
3-ch Hobby King, 6-ch Hobby King, 8-ch Turnigy
Old 06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by turners dad
> Loading file C:\Users\Todd\Desktop\gt3b-0.6.1.man in PROGRAM MEMORY area ...
Error : FILE : line 1: Not in Intel Hex format!
< File successfully loaded. File Checksum 0x26C9BC
Thats because your stvp settings arn't setup and it should be gt3b-0.6.1.s19 not gt3b-0.6.1.man
Old 06-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Receiver question: I have an IR-GT3B and i was wondering if I could use the fly sky gt3b receiver on my controller. Anyone know?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losikid67
Thats because your stvp settings arn't setup and it should be gt3b-0.6.1.s19 not gt3b-0.6.1.man
How do you change it from .man to .s19? cause ive been flashing them as .man and it works fine still.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nolo148
Receiver question: I have an IR-GT3B and i was wondering if I could use the fly sky gt3b receiver on my controller. Anyone know?
See my above post >>> 4113
Yes, you can.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ppm input for head tracking

Just flash with the 0.6.2 firmware, everything works good. Thank you.
Now I am wondering how to have a ppm input for this gt3b. I'm using Fat-shark FPV with head tracker plugged in the trainer port of TH9X. But i prefer to use steering rather then sticks for controlling cars. If I plug it to the DSC of gt3b,what will happen? Or is there any other ways to "inject or mix PPM signal" to this radio? I've read most (if not all) of this thread, someone did touch on this issue but not found any solution. The Fat shark generate PPM for channel 5&6 or 7&8. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Rookie

The DCS only gives you a PPM-out I think.
The only way I think it would work is to get one of those PPM injectors from hobbyking,
and somehow get that in between the PPM out and the RF module thats separate.
Be warned though, you need VERY small clippers to gap the PPM pin because the module is soldered on tight.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

I just want to share my settings. Took a long time to go through all the settings as I always kept most things standart on my old radios but the gt3b needs some adjustment to be perfect for me. This is what I did:

- Still dead zone to zero (both steering and throttle) this is the most important
- Steering channel turn speed 95 % (return 100% of corse) You can go to 96 if you want to have it more agressive but 100% is really edgy, and muuuch more edgy than any other pro radio. Maybe its faster but you will loose control, Sanwa is by far not that fast on steering stock.

If you use it to control rc simulators than use dual rate 120% to make it a bit more precise and than configure the PC settings.

All in all it gives you a a very similar feeling to a M11. While testing a few radios and combos I really think the GT3B is much faster than a M11 Spektrum 1 (Spektrum pro is faster than the first grey spektrum) and at least comparable to a spektrum pro module.

PSX: KO propo has a punch function. Do you know what it does? I really dont get it and I don t think we need it but it sounds intresting. Hope I have time to test some time with it ... maybe next month.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:04 PM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by takymo
PSX: KO propo has a punch function. Do you know what it does? I really dont get it and I don t think we need it but it sounds intresting. Hope I have time to test some time with it ... maybe next month.
I think that kopropo punch is the same as throttle/brake acceleration at futaba. If I understand it, it is mean for gasoline cars which have carburator and brakes at the same servo.
It isn't difficult to implement this function if it would be usefull for somebody.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:25 PM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ukionz
JNow I am wondering how to have a ppm input for this gt3b. I'm using Fat-shark FPV with head tracker plugged in the trainer port of TH9X. But i prefer to use steering rather then sticks for controlling cars. If I plug it to the DSC of gt3b,what will happen?
DSC is output only, it is directly connected with HF module PPM input.

Or is there any other ways to "inject or mix PPM signal" to this radio? I've read most (if not all) of this thread, someone did touch on this issue but not found any solution. The Fat shark generate PPM for channel 5&6 or 7&8. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
I have some idea how to implement this in firmware. But hardware modification will be needed to get unused microcontroller pin to some connector.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

BTW I fixed my GT3b. After a couple of weeks the reverse stopped working reliably and it jittered in neutral sometimes braking on its own at low RPM.

Anyway, I took it apart and unscrewed the trigger mechanism and plug.

Had a close look at the little potentiometer board and saw there were three big solder tabs two on one side with what looks like a tiny resister sunk in between them. The two lumps of solder on each side of the resistor were pretty bad sunk in the middle with small holes and the plastic connector where the wires leave the trigger for the main control board looked a bit poor. Kind of dark and dirty without much solder on. So with the 25w pencil tip iron I cleaned them all up careful not to dislodge the resistor floating in between. I added some more meat to where the wired connect to the trigger board.

Screwed it all together, put the car on a stand and turned it all on. Car was running pretty fast so re calibrated the ESC with the transmitter and it works perfect again. No jiggle in neutral, forward, brake and reverse all work perfect .

Posting just in case anyone else has an out of warranty GT3b that isn't working despite multiple receivers.

It works fine, still prefer the new Futaba radio I bought, it's probably only 30% better and nice to have all the extra functions built into the UI. Having said that it's a good radio and it's great to have two radios, now my wife can play too
Old 06-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

I use my Tx quite a lot for VRC Pro and the spring tension has gone down considerably. There is a tiny bit of forward throttle applied at neutral. I hope this won't be an issue with a sensorless system.

Does this have a failsafe? If for some reason, it goes crazy, what can I do apart from having a marshal switch the ESC off or un-plug the battery?

My ESC says it has throttle signal loss protection. How would the failsafe work with electrics? Say, if I turn the Tx off, will it kick in?
Old 06-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

With these radios you just turn the radio and car on. Hold the throttle at whatever you want and simultaniously press down the set button on the reciever for a second or two.

I just leave it at neutral and press the button on the radio. you can test by putting the car up on a stand. turn it all on, put some throttle on and turn off the transmitter. If the failsafe worked it will go to neutral (or whatever you set it up for, you could have brake, reverse or whatever you want).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.