Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok. do you know where the dsc port is connected to? Is it just the ppm signal? I looked briefly but couldn't figure it out without pulling the board out which I didn't really want to do. It would be nice if you could use that it input a signal.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 AM
psx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by derelicte
ok. do you know where the dsc port is connected to? Is it just the ppm signal? I looked briefly but couldn't figure it out without pulling the board out which I didn't really want to do. It would be nice if you could use that it input a signal.
DSC port is PPM signal out and it is directly connected with HF module "PPM signal IN".
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

that is what I would have expected. I must have looked at the wrong pin on that connector with the scope.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Where do you guys actually buy the programmer and the recom voltage regulator?
Ive been looking all over and it seems to be hard to get where I live (30 dollar shippingcosts on a regulator? B**ch please..)
I need a place that sells to Europeans without ripping you a new one on shipping.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sokonomi
Ive been looking all over and it seems to be hard to get where I live (30 dollar shippingcosts on a regulator? B**ch please..)
I need a place that sells to Europeans without ripping you a new one on shipping.
did you try farnell?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
psx
Tech Adept

Default new firmware 0.6.0

Hi,
I did some more changes and new firmware is out. This one will delete all configs (global, models). But there is some extra space in global/model config now, so it is possible to add extra functionality in the future without deleting all configs.

So main changes:
  • Use FLASH memory to store model configs also. But look at MANUAL, how to program it with STVP and not delete model configs stored at FLASH.
  • There are 67 model memories now (QuangVuong, is it enought ). But if firmware grow in the future, model memories with highest numbers will be lost.
  • There is only one 8-channel firmware now as there is enought memory models. Global config "default channels" contains number of channels, which will be set to model config by default.
  • There are 4 multi-positions now, with 8/6/4/4 positions.

There were big changes from version 0.4 in the last time, so it will need some testing to check if all is working. If there are mistakes/non-functionality, report it to get it repaired.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Try this link and change your country in upper right: STM8S Discovery kit
The voltage regulator: XP POWER - SR05S05 - SWITCHING REGULATOR, 5V, 0.5A O/P
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by -Goat-
Wow, you guys have been doing some awesome work on the Flysky. I have a GT3C on the way and I am wondering what mods would still be appropriate. Is there that much of a change between B and C or is it mostly cosmetic? Thanks for any help you can give me.

-Goat-
Posted this the other day, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-Goat-
Old 04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

How do you reset the entire radio?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -Goat-
Posted this the other day, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

-Goat-
Cosmetic, with an integral LiPo. Same firmware, same features. Haven't seen what voltage regular it's using, so I don't know if it'll be a device we'll want to put one of those RECOM switchers-in-a-can in.

Originally Posted by the5
How do you reset the entire radio?
Plug in your STM8 Programmer and clear the Data Memory field on your radio. Full reset.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by derelicte
did you try farnell?
Originally Posted by 305
Try this link and change your country in upper right
Apparently only companies can order from farnell?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (90%+)

Apparently only companies can order from farnell?
No, individuals can buy from them as well. There are someprofucts which you have to buy in bulk though. But with the program card and regulator, they are available as a single one.

I bought mine from the Aussie Farnell branch.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Its asking me for a VAT number, so I guess not?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by psx
Hi,
I did some more changes and new firmware is out. This one will delete all configs (global, models). But there is some extra space in global/model config now, so it is possible to add extra functionality in the future without deleting all configs.

So main changes:
  • Use FLASH memory to store model configs also. But look at MANUAL, how to program it with STVP and not delete model configs stored at FLASH.
  • There are 67 model memories now (QuangVuong, is it enought ). But if firmware grow in the future, model memories with highest numbers will be lost.
  • There is only one 8-channel firmware now as there is enought memory models. Global config "default channels" contains number of channels, which will be set to model config by default.
  • There are 4 multi-positions now, with 8/6/4/4 positions.

There were big changes from version 0.4 in the last time, so it will need some testing to check if all is working. If there are mistakes/non-functionality, report it to get it repaired.
Again, well done, thanks for the work! Gonna try this out and see how it does.

I have not looked over the manual, but I assume within the firmware options menu, you will find a setting to specify how many channels? You combined all separate channel firmwares, correct?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mattyhawk
Again, well done, thanks for the work! Gonna try this out and see how it does.

I have not looked over the manual, but I assume within the firmware options menu, you will find a setting to specify how many channels? You combined all separate channel firmwares, correct?
yeah. you can specify the number of channels for each model.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.