Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best bang for bck

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Best bang for bck

Looking to finally purchase lipo's for running slash class, was wondering without spending millions in batteries what is the best bang for your buck lipo set up?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hobby King or Blue Lipos are probably the best bang for the buck. It's really hard to find them in stock because they're so popular, but you can get them on Ebay from resellers still at a reasonable (but inflated) price.

When I got back into the hobby I started out buying some way high $$ high-end batteries. Then I bought a couple of $35 Zippy Flightmax Hobby King batteries, and without going into lots of repetitive detail (see other battery threads, I cna tell you this:

My days of buying $130 batteries are over.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dietDrThunder
Hobby King or Blue Lipos are probably the best bang for the buck. It's really hard to find them in stock because they're so popular, but you can get them on Ebay from resellers still at a reasonable (but inflated) price.

When I got back into the hobby I started out buying some way high $$ high-end batteries. Then I bought a couple of $35 Zippy Flightmax Hobby King batteries, and without going into lots of repetitive detail (see other battery threads, I cna tell you this:

My days of buying $130 batteries are over.
This is a great suggestion but first find out if your local tracks require ROAR approved batteries. I purchased five Zippy batteries and later found out that they are not approved at one of the tracks that I race at so they are basicly useless to me.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Based on the feedback here, it seems HobbyCity lipos are the best value for the money if you're can use them. The 'blue lipos' have had probs reported that are reminiscent of where HC lipos were a couple of yrs ago quality wise - poor soldering and connection probs.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I recently purchased 3 Zippy 4000's Lipo's from Hobbyking. They are a great value for bashing, but I would not recommend them for racing - I would stay with the better quality Mfg's. IMHO
Old 03-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
I recently purchased 3 Zippy 4000's Lipo's from Hobbyking. They are a great value for bashing, but I would not recommend them for racing - I would stay with the better quality Mfg's. IMHO
And I buy Turnigy from Hobby King (basically the same as Zippy) and I will not buy anything else, unless I need a ROAR approved battery. All I do is race, no bashing.

(3) 5s 5000mah
(1) 4s 5000mah
(2) 2s 5000mah

All have been good so far.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I ran the turnigy 2s 5000 mah all last year and they worked great at the local track.I sold them and just got the hardcase version of the turnigy 2s lipos in to day to run in my slash brushless 4x4.In my book there great bang for the buck got 4 lipos for 110