Wiki Posts
Search

Lipo charging question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Lipo charging question

I am looking to upgrade to lipo batteries for this racing season and as I try to understand them, I find myself with many questions. I have scoured these thread pages, but I can't seem to find an answer. I already have a Venom Pro Charger (with the balancing block) that we had been using to charge our NiMH batteries. I under stand that in addition to plugging the battery into the charger to charge it, you also need to plug the battery into the balancing block to balance the cells. How does one go about plugging a battery like this --> http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved that doesn't have the flat white balancing plug, but rather a bullet type plug into the balancing block?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Balancing a hard case takes a diff wiring harness - something like this - this is for Hyperion chargers -

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3702

IIRC, Venom sells the same kind of thing, but made to fit the JST-XH balance port on your Venom charger.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you look carefully, there is a small jack in between the two main banana plug sockets. That is where the white wire of the balance wires goes in. The battery will come with a harness that makes the answer obvious.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't see that it didn't come with the harness. It looks like this...

Old 03-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. Duster, thanks for the link. Looks like that's what I may need.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I cpouldn't find this earlier, but since its for a charger's JST-XH balance port it should work on yours -

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...llet-Connector

The only thing I could find for Venom is what they called a balance block and thats not going to work for a hard case lipo.