Wiki Posts
Search

WENT BRUSHLESS,LOST RANGE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default WENT BRUSHLESS,LOST RANGE?

I just converted my losi 8t with a MMM2200/maxamps 4s setup and now I don't have hardl any range with my 3pk on fm.I went to the cc website and read aout range issues and it said to twist/braid motor wires and I did that and no difference.Still no range,can anyone help with this?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A high powered brushless system will produce lots of radio "noise" when running hard. It is very important to make sure all wires are routed cleanly and away from the receiver. You can also re-locate your receiver if needed.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
A high powered brushless system will produce lots of radio "noise" when running hard. It is very important to make sure all wires are routed cleanly and away from the receiver. You can also re-locate your receiver if needed.
I have done everything you mentioned and it is a losi conversion so the receiver is pretty much as far away as it can get on the chassis.Is the only other option to 2.4 mhz?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am unsure of the specifics, but I have heard of some people using a capacitor on the open slot in your receiver to help with "noise". Maybe someone with experience can chime in soon and give you a better idea. I know 2.4 is a cleaner signal that is more resistant to interference, but FM should really not have a problem in most situations.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnineyes
I am unsure of the specifics, but I have heard of some people using a capacitor on the open slot in your receiver to help with "noise". Maybe someone with experience can chime in soon and give you a better idea. I know 2.4 is a cleaner signal that is more resistant to interference, but FM should really not have a problem in most situations.
thanks for the info,does anyone else know of this capacitor?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Still no one know an answer to this?Since I put this post on here I have tried several other things including:I borrowed another radio from a friend and it was an M8 with both a 27 and 75 mkz modules and rceivers.The 27 had more distance but still not but about 75ft.I also got to thinking that maybe it was a speedcontrol issue so I purchased another one to either maybe resolve the problem or just to have a spare.Still didn't fix the issue.I was told by another person that there is some type of loop or ring that you can put your receiver wire through from the speedcontrol that can help with interference? would that solve my problem or do I just need to buy a 2.4 setup for my radio?:mad :
Old 04-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would call Castle and see if they have any suggestions before you buy a 2.4Ghz setup. I've done several conversions and built others - all Castle brushless - CC2200s or sidewinder/5700 etc and all I run is 3PK 75Mhz FM. I've never had an issue with range.

What you're asking about is called a ferrite ring but I don't really know why or what makes a ring eliminate/reduce interference or even if thats what is going on.

I thought a cap in the rx slot was to damp voltage spikes from the servos.