Wiki Posts
Search

Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)
Default Chargers

Sorry, I know there are tons of threads on chargers and I have been reading them as well.

I am looking to move into the lipo age, and been looking at a few chargers,

Racers Edge SureCharge 2000 Pro, and Hyperion EOS0615iDUO3 were the main 2 I was looking at and was wondering if people have good or bad things to say about them. How well does the duo charger charge 2 different packs at once?

I am looking for a charger to charge mainly 2s packs, but would like the LiFE and lead acid batteries as well, I have some bump boxes and I was looking at the LiFE 12th scale rx packs

Also why is there such a price difference between these chargers and the thunder ac6 and sky charger b6ac?

Are there other chargers I should be looking at?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Prob should add the Bantam BC8DX - its another true dual charger. Another that will allow dual batt charging is the iCharger 208B.

The DUO3 is basically two complete chargers and balancers in a single housing - its expensive as is the Bantam BC8DX. I wouldn't place the Racer's Edge in the same league as its only a 50watt charger and is not a dual charger. You need a lot of charger output power to go the dual route, like the 360watts from the Duo3, 320watts from the Bc8DX, or 350watts from the 208B.

The thunder and skycharger (and oithers) are clones coming from either China or Asia where labor costs are cheap. If you're only going to be doing 2S lipo, you could buy 2 50watt chargers and a single power supply with enough power to run both chargers an spend a lot less that any of teh true dual chargers. They will all do lipo NiMh, NiCd and LiFe. Some will and some won't handle li-ion, but thats never really succeded in RC anyway.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default awsome charger

I have been using this new charger from hobbyking that balence charges 4 bats at once. has four processors in one box @ 50w per channel. does all your looking for thats only 150 plus shipping. I have had great luck with it for 2 months now. as long as you have a ps that will do 20 amps plus its a awsome charger. It called the quatro. I just found out that Trinity now sells under Imax Quatro for 179 bucks. If you are interested my LHS has one for 159.95 I could route you to them if needed. I will try to get ya link to hobbyking.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...Multi_Charger_
Old 12-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Thanks guys, I will look into those chargers as well