Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M11 with Spektrum... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default M11 with Spektrum... HELP!

I have an Airtronics M11 that I purchased brand new. I run the SPEKTRUM SM1001 SPM1112 DSM PRO AIRTRONICS M11 MODULE with the SPECTRUM SPM1205 PRO 2.4GHz SR3001 DSM 3-CH RECEIVER.

Buggy: 1/8 Losi 8ight with 2200kv castle creations motor and MMM ESC.
Buggy2: 1/8 Losi 8ight with 2100kv Losi motor with Xcelorin ESC.

Car: Tamiya TA04 TRF with Novak 5.5r motor and GTB ESC.

Truck: HPI Savage - Nitro
Truck2: Traxxas E-Revo Brushless Edition with 2200kv castle creations motor and MMM ESC.
Truck3: FG MT5 - Gas

The M11/Spektrum combo loses signal when the r/c car/truck/buggy gets about 100-150feet away (when holding the radio in a normal radio position (pictures 1 and 2 below). I don't really need it to go more than 150 feet away, 200 feet is the absolute farthest that I would ever go. However, I do need it to make it up to 150feet away. If I hold the radio in the position shown in picture 3, it will go over 200 feet away without any signal loss. However, holding the radio in that position is very difficult for me and not really acceptable considering how much money I've invested into my radio system. I think the reason it loses signal in a normal grip holding position (pictures 1 and 2) is because the antenna has the M11 handle in its way. Picture 4 is the attempt I made to get my antenna higher up so that it would not get any interference from my transmitters handle. This attempt failed.

The M11 did better with the old Airtronics FM setup that I had than it does with this new Spektrum setup. I have my ESC's setup for the 2.4ghz radios... and I've tried the non-2.4ghz settings on the ESC's and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have 25 of these exact same receivers and modules. I've tried 5 different receivers and 3 different modules. All have acted the same exact way. There are only two common denominators that I can see. The M11 and me.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be going wrong? All help is much appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry about the pics. I tried to [img] them, but rctech won't allow it since I haven't met a certain post count.

Last edited by y7deluxe; 01-30-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Initiate

anybody have any suggestions?