Wiki Posts
Search

antenna in the way

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default antenna in the way

So the only thing I don't like about my "old" 75fm radio is the antenna. I can't ever seem to position it in a way that distracts me. The funny thing is, back in the day when there were now short spektrum antennas, this old long one never bothered me.

I have tried positioning the antenna so it is off to the side and behind my head, but it just does not work for me.

If there were some sort of fitting that would angle my antenna downwards, I think I could make that work.

Any suggestions?

--pakk
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My only thoughts is that I do not want to give up my FM for 2.4. It was cheap and works flawlessly. I looked into 2.4 but when I saw what I would have to spend to switch 4 cars at once I changed my mind really fast.
Anyways, I have such good reception with my FM, that I dont pull out the antenna all the way, just about 12 inches or so. You may be able to do this depending on how big your track is or how far away you want to go.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I did try with the antenna all the way down and that did not work. I'll try with it low enough to not be in my vision. thanks

--pakk
Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well what happened to make your antenna a distraction. You said you were fine before the advent of DSM but now it bothers you? I don't get it?

Just use it the same way as you did back in the day. (BTW: You should be looking at your RC and not at the antenna.)
Old 05-30-2009, 10:24 PM

i agree with AreCree just hold it down and it shouldn't bother you i guess i don't truley sure how you even notice the thing because i never did.