Search

Dx2 or Dx3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Dx2 or Dx3?

Good morning all,
I am going to purchase a new radio.I am looking a the Specktrum Dx2 and the Dx3. Now I was compairing both models. Is there any major diffrence between the two? I noticed that the Dx3 has one more channel than the Dx2. I was talking to the guy at my L.H.S. and he said the other channel is for a lap counter? Do I really care about a lap counter? I would like to race someday but all my racing will consist of my local track(Hemet R/C "THe Dirt") or Thunder Alley. Any help with deciding would be great.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

You're in the Mecca of R/C racing, so I would strongly suggest getting yourself a personal transponder (lap counter) since I doubt they have handouts at the races due to such a high volume of participants.

Get the DX3.0. The DX2.0 lacks exponential adjustments which come in handy for dailing in/out the sensitivity in the throttle/steering. Plus it has the 3rd channel, so it's easy to plug in your transponder. Otherwise you have to use a splitter and then you'll have a rat's nest of wires to deal with.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Mecca of R/C racing. Wow man I feel honored. I though about getting the Dx3 is only $40 dollars more. I just wanted to make sure I didn't spend the cash for nothing. My cash is very limited these days as I just bought a house. I am cannot even drive around the big track, I am still trying to conquer the short course track. So racing is still very far away.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Yeah! Consider yourself fortunate to have two of the more popular tracks nearby I'm not totally familiar with So Cal, but I'd imagine Revelation Raceway probably isn't too far from you either. Lucky bastard

With a little practice, you'll be turning fairly clean laps in no time. You'll improve alot quicker than you think.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default DX3

the DX3 also allows to store 4 different models so if you race more than one class or you could have a different setting for the same car but for a different track set-up