Wiki Posts
Search

Decided on LRP for my ESCS - Stuck - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Decided on LRP for my ESCS - Stuck - Need help

I am looking for some feedback from the experienced TC racers. Please help out with both questions below, if you can.

Let me give a quick breakdown on what I am looking for. Me and my GF are both going to be racing Xray TCs on parking lot. Me in stock, maybe mod sometime in the distant future, and she will be running novice, stock in the future. With me so far? Ok... I have been out of the RC game for 7 or so years, so I am relearning everything. I have decided that I want to go LRP as that is what I used to run, had great luck with them, and they still seem to make great products. I don't really have any budget limits, but I don't want to waste money either. So here I am at LRPs website, and what do i see? 10000 different speed controllers, and I am again lost.

Question #1 Help me pick based on our needs

For Me:
A very competative ESC that can handle any motor I run, way down into the mods. Needs to be dependable. If you go to thier page, I am looking at the second row of ESCs that have the 80500, 80700, 80710, and 80750:

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...-controls/car/

So is there really any practical difference other than how low of a motor I can run? The 80710 says it is designed FOR running stockspec. Now, if im running a 17.5, will that out perform it's big brother with a fan the 80750? Im confused.

For the Girlfriend:
She will also be running 17.5, novice then stock one day. Obviously she doesn't need anything top of the line, but I want to get her quality too. Would the 80710 be the way to go? or whould a much cheaper LRP do JUST as well? Which would you recommend for her?

Question #2: Assuming the top dop 80750 performs slightly better... would its heavier weight be much of a negative factor? THey also sell much smaller and much lighter micro ESCs on the bottom row... Again, confused in a sea of ESCs!!! and that is only one brand!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cpt.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have had a few of the ESC's and by far the TEKIN stuff is the easiest to use and place in a chassis. It may not have been what you have been looking at but the RS pro is SUPER EASY to tune and adjust to your needs. They don't have much of a following in my area as I had to buy online but the Tech support is by far the best game going right now.I'm not saying the LRP is not good stuff it'd just the TEKIN is just all around better especially to those (like me) new to brushless.