Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone running lipo with their EX-10?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I went with extreme weight savings rather than capacity. I went with the 1350 mah Protek I only get about 6.5 hours out of mine. But the battery only weighs 89 grams.

Last edited by lil-bump; 02-16-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sukh
Mine did the same thing when i switched too lipo, its because your polarity is incorect, i had too open the case to make sure i had it right after i put in a new module, the problem is the conector you can plug it in either way, i labled the wires once i new i had it right. and don't go by someone else's radio because thats what i did, after i checked a few other's and 3 were the same and 2 not.
Sorry, but I'm confused. Can someone explain this.
What exactly do you have to check. Shouldn't it just be that the wiring from the battery to the radio is correct?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

you have to check the polarity of the 3-pin connect in the battery compartment. out of the 3 pins, 1 is useless. it's the other 2 that need to find out exactly which pin is what polarity. opening up the radio will reveal which pin is which in clear picture, which i fail to do that caused a fried module.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Here is the link to the directions for the losi lipo. It goes over the pins and polarity.

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...UserManual.pdf
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Yes you have to open up the radio to make sure you have the polarity right, you would figure you wouldn't have to do that once someone has done it once but after mine blew up we checked 3 or 4 and we found that some were different, My friend and owner of Much Hobby thinks it has to do with the newer one's the polarity was changed around?

Amuse if you have never been to Fastcats your in for a surprise, its one of the best tracks around, i will be racing 10.5 tc and maybe world gt if i get it built this week.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

i've been there before, i was actually there last weekend for the onroad. i will be heading to FastCats again this coming weekend.

i'll be there with my S120, i think i should be quite easy to spot since i dont think anyone there runs the Serpent. but i still need to find a module to use or i wont be able to run.

Originally Posted by sukh
Yes you have to open up the radio to make sure you have the polarity right, you would figure you wouldn't have to do that once someone has done it once but after mine blew up we checked 3 or 4 and we found that some were different, My friend and owner of Much Hobby thinks it has to do with the newer one's the polarity was changed around?

Amuse if you have never been to Fastcats your in for a surprise, its one of the best tracks around, i will be racing 10.5 tc and maybe world gt if i get it built this week.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

I don't have a spare module, now would be a good time too up grade too 2.4 i would go with there own module and receivers, fastcats might have them in stock or call patrick at muchhobby.com tell him i sent you, i have a spare spektrum micro receiver you can borrow for the day if i'm there sunday.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

i put in the much more 2500mah lipo and will never go back. it's lightweight and lasts for ever. I rarely even take note of my transmitter voltage anymore, unless it's been a few months. but even then to my surprise the voltage is still healthy.
In my opinion one of the best rc ugrades out there.

Also i always forget which way it is meant to be plugged in, so i try untill it works and have never had any issues