Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Info on Turnigy Accucel 6

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

your gonna like it. everytime i use mine(4or5times a week)im amazed at what a good charger it is for a good price
Old 08-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by galland1
You can switch from aut to man by holding the + and - down when the current is flashing and it will switch to the other mode and stay there till you do it again.
Thanks for this tip. I just got the X-Charger which is the same charger and couldnt find in the instructuctions how to switch it.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

does the x-charger have the back light like the turnigy?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes it does. In fact i have compered the two side by side and there is no difference other than the printing of the name.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Burningeyes is correct. There is a thread here somewhere that shows both of them side by side with the covers off. I was going to get the Turnigy one, but it was out of stock. It came out to about the same price off ebay then if I ordered it from hobbyking with their shipping. Now im just waiting for the lipos I ordered from hobbyking.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Hi

I just ordered this charger. As input V , am planning to use 12V from an old computer power supply ( I dont think that should be a problem ?)

My batteries are Intellect Lipo , which only have 2 x 4mm receptacles and 1 x 2,5mm balancing port.

What is the best way to hook these batteries up to the charger? Does it come with the wires I need or will I need to do some own cables mods?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gimpex
Hi

I just ordered this charger. As input V , am planning to use 12V from an old computer power supply ( I dont think that should be a problem ?)

My batteries are Intellect Lipo , which only have 2 x 4mm receptacles and 1 x 2,5mm balancing port.

What is the best way to hook these batteries up to the charger? Does it come with the wires I need or will I need to do some own cables mods?

Thanks
I have this one myself for a similar styled battery. It fits the balance adapter output on the charger.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...llet-Connector
Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I have this one myself for a similar styled battery. It fits the balance adapter output on the charger.

Thanks. This looks like the thing...
Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byf619
Burningeyes is correct. There is a thread here somewhere that shows both of them side by side with the covers off. I was going to get the Turnigy one, but it was out of stock. It came out to about the same price off ebay then if I ordered it from hobbyking with their shipping. Now im just waiting for the lipos I ordered from hobbyking.
I'm in the same position. Batteries are on their way but the chargers still aren't in stock. The x-charger is in stock domestically and could arrive about the same time as the batteries. I've read so many good reviews of the turnigy that it became my first choice but if the x-charger is identical then it's really a no brainer.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Thats is probably your best choice. I bought my x charger from Ebay with free shipping and got it in 3 days. Who knows how long it will take for them to get back in stock at hobby city.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Byf619
Thats is probably your best choice. I bought my x charger from Ebay with free shipping and got it in 3 days. Who knows how long it will take for them to get back in stock at hobby city.
Same here! I ordered my X-Charger from some place in the U.S. and I could not be happier. Got mine in 2 days for $50 and free shipping! Exactly the same as the Turnigy model and has not let me down yet. Been using it for a few months and it's all I need in a charger. You can't go wrong with the Turnigy or any of the clones out there since they are probably made in the same factory in China.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Accucel 6 charger is amazing! Bought it recently from hc, you can't beat that price! Charger feels solid and well made and does balancing on my lipo decently. I use it with an old laptop power supply and have had no problems yet. Totally recommended.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Duster_360
From the feedback I've seen, you're prob better off with the Accucel. HC seems to stand behind theirs and I've not been seeing that with the other one.

It will charge two batts wired together. the prob is the charger has only 50watts of output power and you run into current limited situations trying to charge cell counts above 2S. If you're really serious about wanting/needing to do this consider spending more and getting the Accucel-8 vesus the 6. The 8 has 150watts and will charger at 8amps. Its also $70 vs the 6 that costs $37. It will need a more powerful power supply also, something about 10amps.

The 8 would charge your 2 zippys together with no extra time required due to the charger limiting charge current.

These seem to be pretty good chargers, I have a 6 I use for 2S and have been happy with.

on the A-6, can i charge two 2S lipos simultaneously? if yes, do i need to get some kind of adapter to do that?

charge each at 2.5A?

I would like to get the A-8, but its on backorder. or another option is buying two A-6.

Last edited by geaux xman; 09-03-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What kind of balancing plug am I going to need to plug my reedy packs into this charger or will the included plug work ok?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
What kind of balancing plug am I going to need to plug my reedy packs into this charger or will the included plug work ok?

Thanks
You should be find if your battery already has the balancing adapter connected to the pack. Reedy uses the Align/E-Flite style balance connector.

If it is the 2mm balance/4mm battery banana connectors on the pack, and you did not get this with the battery, this will work. I have it as well, works great:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.