Wiki Posts
Search

Ice Charger Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Ice Charger Help

Hi,

I've got two Ice chargers and am having problems trying to charge AA and Rx batteries. I can charge all of my other batteries fine, but when I try to charge my AA's, either in the Tx or in a rx 4 pack, it will charge for a few minutes and then say its done, but it only shows the capacity at 50-100 mAh. When they are 2400 mAh batteries. Same thing for my Rx pack, its 1800mAh and it charged to 64 mAh. So i don't know if its the way I am setting them, or a stock setting I need to change. I put the charger on the right amount of cells, put it to charge at .5amps, and put the mAh where it is supposed to be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Raising the charge rate on the AAs might help. if your at 0.5A, it might think its "full" when its not.

look closely at the mah rating on the battery itself and see, then use 1C of that rating. ie 900mah AAs I would think could withstand a charge rate of 0.9A, etc

I hope that helps maybe
Old 08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You may also want to try to discharge the cells before recharging them if you aren't already. This may help identify if the charger is for sure to blame or if it's possibly the cells that aren't accepting a good charge.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by skibum91
Hi,

I've got two Ice chargers and am having problems trying to charge AA and Rx batteries. I can charge all of my other batteries fine, but when I try to charge my AA's, either in the Tx or in a rx 4 pack, it will charge for a few minutes and then say its done, but it only shows the capacity at 50-100 mAh. When they are 2400 mAh batteries. Same thing for my Rx pack, its 1800mAh and it charged to 64 mAh. So i don't know if its the way I am setting them, or a stock setting I need to change. I put the charger on the right amount of cells, put it to charge at .5amps, and put the mAh where it is supposed to be. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
They are false peaking bro, set the lockout time to 10minutes so they dont false peak early in the charge. What is the delta V setting as well, if it is set to low they will false peak.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

^^^^ Agree with Loop&Roll.

Set charge rate at 1amp, try peak sensitivity of 5mv and set peak delay for at least 5min. If you're using a low peak settingand not using peak delay they're prob false peaking.

The tx may have a diode that limits the charge rate to some low value, maybe less than 100ma. Try using the rate the tx charger charges at. If it works, there's a diode inside that limits the charge rate. Tx manual may have some detail.