Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbywing ESC's

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I have tried with the computer, With a external Battery source Nothing is working
dunno then dont have that particular esc to test with
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdeadman
I have tried with the computer, With a external Battery source Nothing is working
hmmm...maybe try upgrading or downgrading the firmware on the program card...
Old 10-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bustanut666
hmmm...maybe try upgrading or downgrading the firmware on the program card...
Firmwares only gonna be possible if the esc is detected by the laptop. Until you do, you can only stick with the old led card or counting lights
Old 10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Firmwares only gonna be possible if the esc is detected by the laptop. Until you do, you can only stick with the old led card or counting lights
jdeadman stated earlier that LCD program card is detected by the computer, he can program the card...

oh yeah.. and remember, when you program/flash the card or esc.. do it twice..
Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bustanut666
jdeadman stated earlier that LCD program card is detected by the computer, he can program the card...

oh yeah.. and remember, when you program/flash the card or esc.. do it twice..
Oh you meant upgrading the firmware for the programmer duh
Old 10-21-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default esc going crazy

I tried changing some setting on my Xtreme stock esc tonight, when I went to do the Neutral/forward/Rev setting in the esc
After the last one is put in(3rd flashing green lt) the car goes flat out when the controller is in the neutral position it a losi xxx sct with standard losi 2.4 remote, has work prev with no problems what am i doing wrong?

Old 10-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sbv20j
I tried changing some setting on my Xtreme stock esc tonight, when I went to do the Neutral/forward/Rev setting in the esc
After the last one is put in(3rd flashing green lt) the car goes flat out when the controller is in the neutral position it a losi xxx sct with standard losi 2.4 remote, has work prev with no problems what am i doing wrong?

try to recalibrate the ESC with your transmitter it sounds like you have lost your neutral point

:-)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbv20j

I've had that happen to me. You were in the first programming mode ( the one you use to set neutral, full and full brake) and so when you got past 3 it went into normal running mode with your neutral point being the full throttle point.

I got a deep cut on my finger because of that, it's kinda a bad way to program.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

how are these 8 scale systems? responsive? i like the xerun it is a great esc i cant tell the difference with an lrp when driving , top racer at track thought it was an lrp
Old 10-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
how are these 8 scale systems? responsive? i like the xerun it is a great esc i cant tell the difference with an lrp when driving , top racer at track thought it was an lrp
They are great!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ezrun cuting out

Hi All

Im having a problem with my EZrun 5.5 combo that has upuntil this point always ran cool as has the motor, its running in 1/10 buggy and has been running fine until the last couple of meetings where it keeps cutting out after about 4 minutes to 5 minutes and means i dont finish the heat. The motor and ESC now feel warmer than before even though the wether is colder.

Its not thermalling as the green LED isnt flashing and after about a minute it will work again or sometimes if i spin the rear wheels by hand. Its amost like its failsafe mode as the steering is still working ok

I've tried rebinding and resetting and stil the same, also differnet radio and reciveer and a spektrum cap but still does it. The battery voltage is about 7.6v when it does stop.

Hav also tried turning off the LVC - no improvement. the only other thing i can think off is if one of the capcitors has gone down but i cant find a spare part in the UK for this.

Or would an external BEC (not exactly sure how this works) be my next option otherwise i have to decide whether to get another ezrun combo or a 60A xerun instead to run with my 5.5 motor

Thanks in advance

Lunie
Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

How's your gear mesh? Any seized bearings?
Old 10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

I've tried it in two cars, both have been rebuilt recently and I couldn't see anything wrong.

Car is as fast as normal it just keeps stopping and I can't understand why
Old 10-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Orion or HobbyWing

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
They are great!
I was thinking about getting an Orion R8 Pro and 1950kv motor combo but losing my job has put a hamper on funding this.There is a lot of talk that the Orion stuff is pretty much rebranded Hobbywing stuff.My question is this: What 8 Scale combo would you guys get that would be closest to exact performance as the R8 Pro and 1950kv motor combo. Oh, and do you have a link.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default motor question

Hi can any one tell me what size thread is used on the mounting screws on a 4274sd,
I am using a losi conversion kit and want to get some longer screws as i have been told the hobbywing ones will be too short

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.