Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
a m8 3-model memory radio question/ help >

a m8 3-model memory radio question/ help

a m8 3-model memory radio question/ help

Old 04-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default a m8 3-model memory radio question/ help

hi guys, i have an airtronics m8 and i know that it has a 3-model memory capability but do no have the manual and dont know how/ what i need to set it up for a second car. right now the m8 and 1st car is set-up for 75 mhz and channel 69.

i know that i need a compatible receiver right? i was just thinkin of getting the same airtronics receiver that i have on my first car to simplify things, but i could use any airtronics receiver couldnt i? i would have to stick with the 75 mhz though, right?

for the receiver on my next car, i'm assuming i could just get another channel 69 crystal (the same that i have in my tx and 1st car) to save me money and not have to buy a second different tx crystal as well, and it would work on a second memory preset without any problem (even though it would be the same frequency as the first car and first model memory set-up)?

any answers or advice you guys can give me before i buy the second receiver and crystals would be great! thanks a bunch!
Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It has to be a FM 75mhz receiver and they used to come with a crystal in them but you had to request a specific freq or you might get any freq. The M8 has 10 model memory. The older calibers did 3. I think Hobby People had some receivers for ~ 30 bucks.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by plumslow
It has to be a FM 75mhz receiver and they used to come with a crystal in them but you had to request a specific freq or you might get any freq. The M8 has 10 model memory. The older calibers did 3. I think Hobby People had some receivers for ~ 30 bucks.
can it be any brand 75 mhz receiver then? and i can use the same channel 69 on both cars/model presets?
Old 04-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

It has to be FM I know Novak receivers and JR will work with Airtronics I am pretty sure that Futaba will not work. Crystalls are brand dependant so JR with JR and Air with Air if I remember right.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

It has to be FM I know Novak receivers and JR will work with Airtronics I am pretty sure that Futaba will not work. Crystalls are brand dependant so JR with JR and Air with Air if I remember right.
thanks plumslow, but can i still use both rc cars w/ the same rx crystal (ch. 69) on different model memories? i will have the exact same receiver for both cars.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

If you get an Airtronics receiver (Assuming that is what you have) and switch out the crystals between the cars yes you can use 2 different models for the 2 cars.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

If you get an Airtronics receiver (Assuming that is what you have) and switch out the crystals between the cars yes you can use 2 different models for the 2 cars.

ok, thats what i needed! thanks for answering my questions!