Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Looking for a variable power supply >

Looking for a variable power supply

Looking for a variable power supply

Old 04-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Looking for a variable power supply

Hi all.
Does anyone know if there is something you can connect to my 12V power supply so that I can adjust the output? Not looking for a new power supply that does 110 to variable 0v-12V but maybe some sort of dc to dc variable converter. I did a few search on the internet but still not really sure which would work. Looking to use it for tire warmers and whatever other 5~7volt accesories I might have. THANKS

Something like this? http://www.anykits.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=264

Last edited by minicooper; 04-10-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Not aware of any complete commercial product, I think you would have to do some building. There are a lot of small switching DC-DC voltage converter modules available in the Electronics world if you have a sufficient level of electrical knowledge.

If interested, try www.newark.com, search for DC-DC converters. There are a lot of ones available, with data sheets (under tech info) that will show what is needed for building a system, again if you have some knowledge. Use the search fields to narrow down the list, might take a few tries.

Suggest you start with at least double the current that you think you need for a robust build.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Beautiful Downtown L.A. Where the sky is always on fire and the grass is always brown
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Dave H. I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do. I found plenty of schematics unfortunately I don't know how to read them. I'll continue searching though.