Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba MC330CR

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Futaba MC330CR

Has anyone used this ESC? I like the quality of Futaba's equipment, but I couldn't find much info here on this particular ESC. I am thinking of this as a less expensive alternative to use around the house in older cars like my Icarus.

Thanks

MC330CR @ TowerHobbies
Old 04-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

great speedy, have used them in both my drifter and buggy. really easy 2 program such as forward>break>reverse or forward>break. takes down to 13turn and it will handle a 13 easy as. makes a racket if the radio gear isnt on. All in all very afordable/good worth your money speedy.
alex
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Futaba MC230R and MC330R

I am currently having some problems with my esc. I run Spektrum DX3.0 and have this same problem with all 3 of my Futaba (2 x MC330R, 1 x MC230R).

When i ease on the trottle, it powers up fine to 100%. But when i dump to full power from the neutral position, i think the esc is activating its overcurrent protection.

If i turn the forward throttle EPA down to 90%, then its fine and i can throttle my heart out. But then i lose 10% of my speed as well.

Any help would save me $300 worth of electronics. Please help...

Ben
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by auzzy_mate
I am currently having some problems with my esc. I run Spektrum DX3.0 and have this same problem with all 3 of my Futaba (2 x MC330R, 1 x MC230R).

When i ease on the trottle, it powers up fine to 100%. But when i dump to full power from the neutral position, i think the esc is activating its overcurrent protection.

If i turn the forward throttle EPA down to 90%, then its fine and i can throttle my heart out. But then i lose 10% of my speed as well.

Any help would save me $300 worth of electronics. Please help...

Ben
I had both ESC in the beginning of my racing life. They were cheap and good.

However, one of my friend try the car and he said that the car was reacting like an elastic. the punch was slow.

Anyway, he convince me to get an other good ESC and I bought the GTX....wow what a difference.

if you are racing, you should take a hight end ESC (probably brushless ESC now). However, if you are just bashing around the futaba will be great.