Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
DX3.0 Reverse Channel >

DX3.0 Reverse Channel

DX3.0 Reverse Channel

Old 03-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default DX3.0 Reverse Channel

Just need some quick help on adding a reverse channel to the DX3.0, cant seem to figure it out.

Anybody know exactly what needs to be pressed?

Cheers
Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

I'm willing to help, but not sure just what it is you want to do. Do you want to control a reversing tranny with the third channel?
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im actually trying to set up the DX3.0 to use the trigger to activate reverse on novak GTB in profile 2... I can accelerate, brake but no idea how to reverse. Dont have the books for it so not quite sure how to make adjustments.

Ie. Trigger pull = accelerate, trigger push = brake, trigger push x2 = reverse?
Or does the 3rd channel have to be used to activate reverse. Not using this n a crawler or anything only on-road 415msx.

Sounds pretty noob I know and its probably very simple...
Old 03-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

This is a esc setting, not a transmitter setting. From the GTB Profile selection:

With esc on and connected to a charged battery:

1. disconnect esc from receiver
2. press and hold the esc one-touch buttom until ALL 4 leds light up at the same time
3. release as soon as all 4 light up. the number of times they flash will tell your current profile
4. quick press & release set button to change profiles (in your case once to go to #2)
5. if set button is not pressed for 3 seconds, esc stores profile and exits to neutral.

Reconnect and rock. Recommend you get a copy of the GTB instructions, study them and hang on to them. If you get the brushless/brushed thingy wrong you are in a world of hurt.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Dave,

The GTB is actually already in profile 2. However once I switch on tx/rx & gtb the car instantly takes off unless I hold trigger completely forward. Im not sure how to overcome this because the car did come rtr with profile 1 set (fwd/brake only) and the dx3.0 was prog'd to this setup. However changing it to profile to and trying to accomodate reverse has left me questioning where brakes/reverse function has gone? I think its a dx3.0 adjustment but unsure... Basically the trigger has to be reset & a reverse mode added so that when I hold trigger up car goes in reverse, or something similar...

Any help appreciated!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Weird. And going through a full transmitter reset will put you back on profile #1. You are using the same model setting on the DX3R? Does using the trims help? Haven't tried reverse with mine, I've been meaning to try it, I'll see what happens and report back.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dave, im actually using DX3.0 not the new DX3R... profile has been set to profile 2 now and Im just not aware of how to program reverse into either the GTB or DX3.0...

Accelerate/brake is simple, reset esc, select profile, hold full trigger for max speed, then push trigger to max for full brake, then return back to nuetral. All set, however the reverse programming is what I cant seem to do?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

My typo on DX3.0 vs. DX3R. Still seems like an esc issue to me. Perhaps try profile #5 I think it is, the one with 25% reverse just to see what happens? Apologies if I'm off base, but are you sure you are switching profiles and not something else? I know the blinky lights and their color confuse me the way I have mine partially blocked by the chassis, have heard of others with same issue. Do trims seem to make any difference?

Help guys!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah selecting profiles is easy, getting accelerate/brake programmed is also easy. However im completely dumbfounded on how to program reverse into the dx3.0 or gtb and there are no instruction in either of the booklets!...

Its probably really easy as well, just never needed to do it until now haha!
Old 03-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You shouldn't have to program your Dx3 for the reverse. I have the gtb
and dx3 set it up the first time for profile 1 and when I pratice I switch to profile to . When I first set it up on profile 1 I did the full throttle , then the full brake. When I change to profile 2 I don't set any thing different.
My reverse does havea delay because I don't have the DX3 set to a 50/50 profile. If you want I can post on how to reset your dx3 to default settings?

Dynodan22
Old 03-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah thats basically the problem. I had the GTB set up to Profile 1 and set up to standard with DX3.0 (ie. reset throttle max/brake max) and then when I switch to profile 2 (which has rev) there is no reverse when I hold full brake? Not sure how to set up the 50:50 profile though and I think GTB mentions something like that needing to be done...

Help appreciated Dan & Dave