DX3R question?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)
Default DX3R question?

RC Tech members, I just picked up a DX3R and wanted to know what batteries you guys are running beyond the stock 4 cell setup? I see that it has an external port for charging, so one could use higher capacity rechargeable cells. What kind of run times are you getting on the standard batteries?

Also, what case are you guys using for transport? Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know yet, we just got ours, or should I say our FIRST one last week. But one of the guys who has had one for a while is getting a lot more time than he did on his M11 before. His timer was over 8 hours and going I think it was. With regular alkalines.

According to Spektrum on the earlier models anyway, the transmitters use less power, the receiver a little more, than regular radios. Makes sense, as digital signals generally don't need much power, that's why satellite radio works well. The off/on nature of digital makes it easy to pick out of the background noise, you don't have to have it high enough above the noise to determine a level. And on the transmitter, most of the power is in broadcasting the signal, not in processing. And the screen is big but not backlit (any bl experts listening?). But on the receiving end, more processing is going on, plus now it's sending back to the transmitter, but still a fairly low level of power I believe.

Actually poor choice of words, technically we don't have transmitters and receivers anymore. They are both transceivers, since it's a 2 way system!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I'm also looking for a bag to protect this baby. A couple guys have said they modified a speedmind 3pk I believe it was.

First manufacture that makes a nice one gets 2 sells from me!