Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Trinity Li-Pro 4500 Racing Pack >

Trinity Li-Pro 4500 Racing Pack

Trinity Li-Pro 4500 Racing Pack

Old 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,107
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Same weight as the peak 4800, height same, length same, width is about 1/16 wider. Fits perfect in my b4 and t4.
Midnight is offline  
Old 12-11-2007, 04:00 PM
  #32  
Tech Initiate
 
VOODOO+'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Western Massachusetts
Posts: 47
Default

Sounds like everything else is pretty much in order. How's the performance and run-time?
VOODOO+ is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (87)
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,107
Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default

Well when I went to plug the leads into the battery, they were opposite compared to the peak. I want be able to run them until the first of the year when the track starts to allow them.
Midnight is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
  #34  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (162)
 
Brian Miskolczi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,276
Trader Rating: 162 (100%+)
Default

Here are some pics of the pack. I also scanned the instructions so everyone can have all of the information about these packs. From full charge in a touring car witha brushless motor, depending on your track conditions and gearing it will go 15 mins until the internal volatage cutoff will automatically shut it off.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Brian Miskolczi is offline  
Old 12-21-2007, 05:53 AM
  #35  
Tech Apprentice
 
QuickRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 75
Default

I've done some testing on these they seem pretty decent. Attached is a 2 discharge plots I made at 30 amps. They are a little on the low side and there is a dip at the beginning of the discharge because these cells were sitting in my shop all night and were a little cold in the morning. Once the cells warm up a little (from discharging) the voltage rises a little.

Weight on these is about 8.5 Oz or 240 Grams. They are 1.83 in/46.7 mm wide, 5.4 in/137.39mm long .937 in/23.81 mm thick. Basically, almost identical to an assembled side x side pack. The low voltage cut-off that is built in does work and kicks off at 5.4 volts on the nose. Good for a safety measure but don't run them until they hit the cut-off if you can help it. It's best to stop once a noticeable decrease in speed happens. I think 5.4 V was probably chosen as 6.0 V would be too agressive and under load you would experience drop-outs - 5.4 V is a good number. Testing was done on a CE Turbo 35 GFX LiPo.
Attached Thumbnails Trinity Li-Pro 4500 Racing Pack-lipodischarge.gif  
QuickRC is offline  
Old 12-30-2007, 02:23 PM
  #36  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Alltapdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Great White Buffalo
Posts: 412
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know what balancer to use on the reference pack??
Alltapdout is offline  
Old 12-30-2007, 05:59 PM
  #37  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 10,884
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by QuickRC
I've done some testing on these they seem pretty decent. Attached is a 2 discharge plots I made at 30 amps. They are a little on the low side and there is a dip at the beginning of the discharge because these cells were sitting in my shop all night and were a little cold in the morning. Once the cells warm up a little (from discharging) the voltage rises a little.

Weight on these is about 8.5 Oz or 240 Grams. They are 1.83 in/46.7 mm wide, 5.4 in/137.39mm long .937 in/23.81 mm thick. Basically, almost identical to an assembled side x side pack. The low voltage cut-off that is built in does work and kicks off at 5.4 volts on the nose. Good for a safety measure but don't run them until they hit the cut-off if you can help it. It's best to stop once a noticeable decrease in speed happens. I think 5.4 V was probably chosen as 6.0 V would be too agressive and under load you would experience drop-outs - 5.4 V is a good number. Testing was done on a CE Turbo 35 GFX LiPo.
Thanks for that info, very informative. Have you tested other LiPos and Nimh too? I'd be interested in how well these compare.
Davidka is offline  
Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
  #38  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (49)
 
cla5675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lebanon, OH
Posts: 672
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
Does anyone know what balancer to use on the reference pack??
It's the Align balance plug.

I've been using this battery in 10th scale touring cars and buggies with brushed motors and no lipo cut-off. It's working as well as my Pro Match EP4200 packs with a CO27 stock motor. I've also been using the Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC charger and that thing is awesome. Can't believe there would be a better all around charger for $150.
cla5675 is offline  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:41 PM
  #39  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 208
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

if i used a lipo pack what would i need to make it work?
mr2sd is offline  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM
  #40  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mr2sd
if i used a lipo pack what would i need to make it work?
Just a lipo charger...like a Duratrax ICE or a Hyperion EOS0606i.
PitNamedGordie is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 05:41 AM
  #41  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Alltapdout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Great White Buffalo
Posts: 412
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So I have an ICE charger, can I just use my astro blinky balancer on this pack? I don't see why I couldn't but all the info I'm reading says I need a balance/charger which is intrigrated. Not just a seperate balancer.
Alltapdout is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 AM
  #42  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
magm20001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by QuickRC
I've done some testing on these they seem pretty decent. Attached is a 2 discharge plots I made at 30 amps. They are a little on the low side and there is a dip at the beginning of the discharge because these cells were sitting in my shop all night and were a little cold in the morning. Once the cells warm up a little (from discharging) the voltage rises a little.

Weight on these is about 8.5 Oz or 240 Grams. They are 1.83 in/46.7 mm wide, 5.4 in/137.39mm long .937 in/23.81 mm thick. Basically, almost identical to an assembled side x side pack. The low voltage cut-off that is built in does work and kicks off at 5.4 volts on the nose. Good for a safety measure but don't run them until they hit the cut-off if you can help it. It's best to stop once a noticeable decrease in speed happens. I think 5.4 V was probably chosen as 6.0 V would be too agressive and under load you would experience drop-outs - 5.4 V is a good number. Testing was done on a CE Turbo 35 GFX LiPo.
any comparisons to a decent IB/EP4200 matched pack?
magm20001 is offline  
Old 01-01-2008, 06:15 AM
  #43  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
magm20001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Alltapdout
So I have an ICE charger, can I just use my astro blinky balancer on this pack? I don't see why I couldn't but all the info I'm reading says I need a balance/charger which is intrigrated. Not just a seperate balancer.
blinky is fine. they just dont provide the digital readouts like a integrated charger would.
magm20001 is offline  
Old 01-04-2008, 05:50 AM
  #44  
Tech Apprentice
 
QuickRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 75
Default

Originally Posted by magm20001
any comparisons to a decent IB/EP4200 matched pack?
Sorry fo the slow reply - been out of town a lot lately for the holidays. Yes I have done some comparisons. I'll post some more plots this weekend. BTW, my GFX seems to be a little stingy on the capacity rating. It's giving me about 4400 mah on these but also gives about 4400 mah on a brand new EP4600 pack that just came of the matchers.

I'll try to get some more data posted this weekend.
QuickRC is offline  
Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 AM
  #45  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (58)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 323
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have any problems with the 2 hard case halves having some play?

If I press and release the front near the inputs the case moves about 1mm up and down.

Worst case, I'll just run a band of tape around it, but curious if others are like this?
WHOBEE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.