Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awww, It gettin personal up in here
Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

hey tekin guys , your doing fine , i like hearing the updates , you know how it goes you could start a thread giving away money and some of these clowns would complain about that , ray
Old 07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I can't wait to see them. We have a guy at my track that's dead set on getting one. I never buy anything that's fresh for at least 6 months. Other large name BL speedos all seemed to have thermal issues and what not at first. Hopefully these are already tweaked and solid. Things happen when your under pressure to go public with complicated electronics. Good luck.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Champion

I had a QC2 that was on it's last legs and giving me low BEC voltage issues with my Spektrum. I had planned on replacing it with the R1 but the hassles with my QC2 jut got too irritating. So I did the next best thing and bought a small inexpensive sport ESC that can easily handle what I am currently running. So now I can be patient in waiting for the R1 which WILL replace this sport ESC once it is available and I have the money for it.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I had a QC2 that was on it's last legs and giving me low BEC voltage issues with my Spektrum. I had planned on replacing it with the R1 but the hassles with my QC2 jut got too irritating. So I did the next best thing and bought a small inexpensive sport ESC that can easily handle what I am currently running. So now I can be patient in waiting for the R1 which WILL replace this sport ESC once it is available and I have the money for it.
I know this is off topic but usually the Spektrum cap on the receiver will solve a lot of issues.

I sure hope I wasnt lumped into the "clown" comments made earlier. Just trying to keep people honest which is all we really want. Id hate for people to read the thread and think the wait is worth it since they will suddenly turn 3 extra laps because they bought the Tekin. Gotta keep expectations realistic.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

I'm running the mini Pro reciever which has power caps built into it. But I've tried additional external power cap and even a reciever pack battery and still had issues. I think there was the typical low power issue and an issue with the ESC itself. So far in bench testing it looks to be fine now but we'll see come sunday.

I really want an R1 in this car though because I'm considering allowing stock equivalent BL motors in the class. It's a 19T 1/12th class so I'll need to do some testing to see how even the matchup would be.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:45 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
I can't wait to see them. We have a guy at my track that's dead set on getting one. I never buy anything that's fresh for at least 6 months. Other large name BL speedos all seemed to have thermal issues and what not at first. Hopefully these are already tweaked and solid. Things happen when your under pressure to go public with complicated electronics. Good luck.
Take your time and get it done right Tekin. Thanx for the updates.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Having been a recent convert to the brushless scene, I decided to go with brand X for the time being but I hope to support Tekin SOON, Very SOON!!

Thanks for answering my previous Q's.

I think you guys have done well to answer most, if not all the question put to you but I gather from a few of the posts that some of the poster on this thread probably think that "Talk Is Cheap" or "Pictures are worth 1000 words". All they really have to go on is your word at the moment and a picture on your web site of a R1 case.

How about posting up a spy camera picture of a working test vehicle showing the actual R1 mounted in a test car? Not just a car driving past a camera at a g'zillion mph with a body covering it. I'm sure you would renew the faith of several of the supporters by doing so.

One (or two) last question/s for you guys and then I'll get back in my box and wait for the SOON to arrive new range of Tekin speedies. Whats the news with the Redline range of motors, still know photographic evidence that they actually exist and are they going to be sensorless?

I starting to think it might have been easier for someone to design a sensored motor brushless ESC that will also work with a sensorless motors or has someone already done this?
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Super_Roo
I starting to think it might have been easier for someone to design a sensored motor brushless ESC that will also work with a sensorless motors or has someone already done this?
Traxxas did it already.

http://www.traxxas.com/products/acce...ries_vxl3s.htm
Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by or8ital
The Traxxas is a sensorless system that has a harness port to run an "optional" sensored motor.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
The Traxxas is a sensorless system that has a harness port to run an "optional" sensored motor.
Yes but if it is actually using the sensors (which the print ad implies it does) then whats the difference? You can call it sensored or sensorless first but it appears to do both. I assume you say it is a sensorless system since their motors are sensorless?

It seems as though a sensored motor is awfully difficult for a sensorless ESC to control. I dont know how Traxxas did it but if it involved building two ESCs into one then bravo. Seems like the best way to handle the issue. But that is off topic.

Did Tekin consider building their ESC that way? I assume it increases the size of an ESC but seems the best way to get full compatibility.

EDIT: Just read the interview with the guy who made the Traxxas ESC. He makes it sounds as though it runs sensored but he also says if the sensor wire would come undone then it would still run which leads me to beleive maybe not. In the interview he says some people prefer to run the "slower" sensored motors that provide greater precision. Interesting comment.

Last edited by or8ital; 07-11-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Randy- Have you done any R1 Pro testing with an Li-Po's yet? I am a Tekin sponsored driver and I run the Pro Truck class (BL, Li-Po) here in the Carolina's using a 8000 Mah Li-Po running 20 minute mains. Will the R1 Pro run for over 25 minutes with no problems (over heating, thermaling, etc)? I am racing in the ECNS (East Coast Nitro Series) running the Pro Truck class and was hoping to get the R1 Pro to test, but who knows. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I look forward to running the Tekin system... if they will run for over 20 minutes. Thanks Randy.

Doug T.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Pike
.... Can your castle drive a Novak? LRP? GM? Orion?
.... There's features in this unit that nobody is offering in a brushed esc. Push control, temperature readings,etc. It's footprint is also smaller then our own(and everyone elses) 1/18 brushed esc! The power deliver is rediculously smooth and the motors are actually running cooler!
So...are you going to put your money where your mouth is?? My Castle (3 that is) that have been operating near flawless in brushless mode 7 + months came with a 1 year warrantee...that BTW I haven't had to use.

Convince me YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR WORDS with at least as good a warrantee....well??

I would refer to that as "put up or shut up". You back it up that well, and I'll put one one order.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Team Tekin

I'll try and post some pictures of my test car(Xray) running down the track or in hand to prove that they're real and they work. I might even show it with a Novak motor. We'll see, it's not my deccision to show this. I have to ask permission for this.

Traxxas's esc will do both, sad to see that they didn't test it that way. This is where a lot of esc's will NOT run the motor is when the sensor is unplugged or worse yet damaged. GM has been the only one's asside from us that will even operate unplugged. Time will tell about the traxxas esc. Interesting.

Vern, I'm only defensive of this product because of the time and effort that the Tekin team has put into let alone the countless packs that I've ran in the new esc's, R1, FX, FXR, B1's, etc. I don't know what the warranty info is on the unit's, I'll try and find out for you. I'm glad your happy with your Castle's, really I am. I'm sure you too wish you could run the Novak 13.5 in it as I believe you posted before(I may be mistaken).

Doug, I have run the R1 Pro with no issues with our 5T and 6T motors in my B4 for I believe it was 24 minutes on a 4800 Lipo pack. I didn't have any thermal issues and it was a really tight track with point and shoot which causes high heat and loads. I'd imagine that you would have no issues with your monster Lipo pack! My only complaint was the tire wear!

Seriously guys there's so much more that can be shown and done. Tekin is serious about this. The Redline motors that we've shown you on this thread are the real deal. That is a production motor. We are testing different Kv's and wind types it seems like every few days. We're are finishing up with that as everyone feels different about their "feel."

I'll do my best to get a short video clip of the system working. Just remember that this unit is smaller and has no heatsink. It will make fitting it on the chassis that much better.

Regards.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can't believe what this thread has turned into. The Tekin's will be out when they are out. So they didn't make the originally intended timeframe for release......big deal. Things happen. Some things can't be helped. People usually want to know how new products are progressing, regardless of when they are going to ship. Tekin has truly put of lot of time and effort into these new speedos, more than you can imagine. As many times as it has been said before, I'll say it again, they will be worth the wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.