Team Tekin New Speedos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Tekin New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Team Tekin

EA is correct. The board builder(outside vendor) loaded some incorrect resistors causing problems with non spectrum receivers. Since some of the fast guys don't use the spectrum (ie Dumas) they weren't working properly. Matter of fact some of the issues would not have caused issues with our Tekin drivers cars rather with other cars on the track!! The interference would have caused some obvious problems which was viewed as bad sportsmanship(would have been funny to watch though). The problem was found too late to fix as the resistors are going to be done out in the field due to their size.

As far as the spectrum cap,etc. I would say it's an "as needed" basis. I originally had issues with spectrum and my G11's with low turn mods and used it. After getting my Spectrum receivers updated I don't need it anymore. I'll try and get an "official" answer but I'm pretty sure it will be similiar to mine. I think most of the spectrum receiver/esc issues have alot to do with the servo you run as well. Cell count can also be an issue(ie 4 cell mod).

I've been told that I should have an R1 in the VERY near future and I will post pictures of it in my Yokomo MR4bx asap. I understand everyones impatience(I too suffer from it) but also view this as Tekin's strive for perfection and quality.

Great run by Dumas by the way, congrats to all the Tekin drivers for a good showing at the Nats!!

Wud up EA!?
Old 03-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Pike

I've been told that I should have an R1 in the VERY near future and I will post pictures of it in my Yokomo MR4bx asap. I understand everyones impatience(I too suffer from it) but also view this as Tekin's strive for perfection and quality.
True....I heard the same thing as well. Shouldn't be long AT ALL.....I'll be testing mine in offroad, but don't understand all these other problems running onroad because onroad really seems to push the envelope much more. I just wish that the onroad cars didn't have to run so much motor these days....there should be a 9 or 10 turn limit because this 6 and 7 turn stuff is silly. I think anything below a 9 turn should be illegal and only legal for drag racing....

Is it really these silly 6, 7, 8 turn motors pushing these speedos and recievers too hard causing most of their problems??? I'm just so amazed that so much technology can fit in such a tiny case, and yet pull so much power through them and actually be "controlled" power.....remember when speedos were almost the size of Rubic's Cube???

To me, size just isn't an issue, but I guess to some others, it is, especially those running 1/12th scale cars.

I'm just your basic offroader guy though that runs offroad, slaps in any motor, mod or stock, and lets it rip. I suppose it's just not that easy in onroad, which is another reason I don't run it though....too technical.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Sooo...... with the new problems with the Tekin speedos, I quess that SOON means at least two more months...... I pre ordered the FX-Pro on November 19, 2006 and cancelled the order today.
I remain disappointed, as I have been a loyal Tekin user for years (I have some old orange cased speed controls). Tekin has always had a good product and the new Tekin provides excellent service (and they are great people). I still have the G-11s in both my oval cars and look forward to the release of the FX-Pro (soon ).
For what its worth... seems funny to me that people say how good the new speedos are when no one has run them !!!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

A loyal Tekin user would continue to be a loyal user..... dropping your spot only moved others up a notch.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Three
Sooo...... with the new problems with the Tekin speedos, I quess that SOON means at least two more months...... I pre ordered the FX-Pro on November 19, 2006 and cancelled the order today.
I remain disappointed, as I have been a loyal Tekin user for years (I have some old orange cased speed controls). Tekin has always had a good product and the new Tekin provides excellent service (and they are great people). I still have the G-11s in both my oval cars and look forward to the release of the FX-Pro (soon ).
For what its worth... seems funny to me that people say how good the new speedos are when no one has run them !!!
For one thing, you say that it's funny how people say how good the new speedos are when no one has run them....well, why did you cancel your order then??? Don't base your opinion of the Tekin speedos due to pre-production models as they're not even released yet!

Tekin just wants to get it exactly right by pushing EVERY single limit beyond and past. Don't think that LRP, Novak, or any other ESC manufacturer hasn't gone through the SAME EXACT thing Tekin's going through now, to get the final product they have. Tekin is working on this as we speak and they're only close to being released, but they are NOT released yet, so don't get so disappointed about the job, when the job hasn't even been finished.

In other words, don't give up so soon, so fast. Tekin's yet to even get started as this is just the very beginning stages of many new things, which takes a LOT of time, testing, building, designing, testing, over and over again.

As for some of those who say that these new speedos are great, some of us HAVE seen them run and seen them in person to base an early opinion....mostly us team drivers are the only ones basing an early opinion and are basing it upon what we have seen so far.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

David:
Perhaps you can't read. "I still have the G-11s in both my oval cars and look forward to the release of the FX-Pro."
Buff:
Maybe Tekin has by now learned not to announce a product until it is in pre-production. As I said they make a great product and I have G-11s in my oval cars.
Soon..... We have problems with vendors, the weather is causing delays... we moved in our new building....... Excuses, that would not be needed if they weren't so quick to announce a product. I look forward to using a FX-Pro in my 12th scale when they are fully developed and not until.
The only speedo that is talked about is the brushless unit and of course it is fast with a 3.5 motor. I run brushed stock.
And as I stated they are good people. 'Nuff said.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Wish it were that simple. They did announce it as a sneaky bit of rumour moungering, when they were testing pre-prod units. But they have been hit with some setbacks.

How long has the LRP QC3 been in adverts, and at one point, they weren't going to release it at all after the Sphere was released.

I think Tekin have realised that they may have been a little premature, but also, for the product to sell, there has to be some pre-release chat and hyping up. I for one, can't wait to get my mitts on one (or more if I can) but will sit patiently waiting as I want it sorted.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Buff
For one thing, you say that it's funny how people say how good the new speedos are when no one has run them....well, why did you cancel your order then??? Don't base your opinion of the Tekin speedos due to pre-production models as they're not even released yet!

Tekin just wants to get it exactly right by pushing EVERY single limit beyond and past. Don't think that LRP, Novak, or any other ESC manufacturer hasn't gone through the SAME EXACT thing Tekin's going through now, to get the final product they have. Tekin is working on this as we speak and they're only close to being released, but they are NOT released yet, so don't get so disappointed about the job, when the job hasn't even been finished.

In other words, don't give up so soon, so fast. Tekin's yet to even get started as this is just the very beginning stages of many new things, which takes a LOT of time, testing, building, designing, testing, over and over again.

As for some of those who say that these new speedos are great, some of us HAVE seen them run and seen them in person to base an early opinion....mostly us team drivers are the only ones basing an early opinion and are basing it upon what we have seen so far.

Well said

But for me the Tekin 410K is still the best, loved mine
Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

seems funny to me that people say how good the new speedos are when no one has run them !!!
It still remains a loyalty issue, I would not have thrown my arms up in the air and cancel my order..... not tossing stones at you, just my position based on your comment. Frustration is dealt with differently by everyone, you chose to toss your order out, it's your biz.....

Dumas has run his..... he likes!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Team Tekin

Soon..... We have problems with vendors, the weather is causing delays... we moved in our new building....... Excuses, that would not be needed if they weren't so quick to announce a product.
But you're all talking about it right?

It's getting better guys. We announced that they were in development and pre-production in October at iHobby and hoped they would be out by the 1st of 07'. They were just babies then. We don't want to release an unsatisfying product, we want it to be the best it can be before it hits the shelves. Plus we had to design completely new packaging, labels, cases, etc......For 7 ESC's and the Battery Nurse. And even the R1MT is in the works.

We don't like it any better than you do.......
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
But you're all talking about it right?

It's getting better guys. We announced that they were in development and pre-production in October at iHobby and hoped they would be out by the 1st of 07'. They were just babies then. We don't want to release an unsatisfying product, we want it to be the best it can be before it hits the shelves. Plus we had to design completely new packaging, labels, cases, etc......For 7 ESC's and the Battery Nurse. And even the R1MT is in the works.

We don't like it any better than you do.......

OK Ty,

When is the new release date???

Just messing with you and good to see you on the boards.

Later, Mike

Last edited by Michal101; 03-12-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Team Tekin

I am one of the factory drivers that has run the new speedos. I have an opinion on them and it's good. I was one of the few that got to test the brushless before it was even in a case! I feel fortunate to know firsthand tha it's even better then the test days I ran(ie LOTS 'O' PACKS) and that anticipation kills me. I'd like to devulge more but can't! That kills me! Don't get me wrong, I'm not Dumas! I race offroad almost exclusively. I was so impressed by the smoothness and control I tried to sneak one back on my flight!!! Trust me, if it's half as good as it was 3 months ago when I tested it, it'll be that much better when it hits the shelves.

Randy Pike Team Tekin Factory Test Pilot

OH yeah the FX esc's has a personal touch inside(inside joke Ty?!?!)
Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Randy Pike

OH yeah the FX esc's has a personal touch inside(inside joke Ty?!?!)
Haha, yeah! I'll see if I can get some more pics up for you guys......gotta have higher authorities clear it first, lol.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:24 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I want my brushless.
My last brushed motor died on me this weekend so I have no motors right now.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Team Tekin

Wud up MO!? The new Tekin site is HOT HOT HOT!!

www.teamtekin.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.