Search
Like Tree21Likes

Quality batteries for racing.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
Well, you haven't raced me. I know I can give you a run for your money because I'm able to keep up with the fastest guys at our local track. They do all the battery shenanigans, like pumping, cycling and other unnecessary steps that just kill their packs. And I just charge my batteries at 1.5c, keeping an eye on mAh consumed. My packs recover quicker and run longer because I'm not smashing them with that metaphorical hammer.

Which club/location do you race at? We occasionally travel in our RV and I will consider routing a path to pass by your track for a club race if the wife agrees it's near something interesting for her to sight see while I race. Please provide a link to your club and I'll see what I can do to meet up and then we can compare data between our respective lap times/consistency along with seeing which car is faster down the straight and then see what happens when we race each other in the pack

I don't get to race 1/10 anymore because the 1/10 program went away in my area, so this will give me an excuse to keep the car otherwise I may end up selling it.... which is a 13.5 wheeler
Old 11-30-2023, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Would your wife consider coming up to Vancouver, Canada?

If she says yes, you can drop by at OverGeared Racing. There's a club page on Facebook.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Sabin
Would your wife consider coming up to Vancouver, Canada?

If she says yes, you can drop by at OverGeared Racing. There's a club page on Facebook.
We actually have Toronto on our radar, Niagra Falls is on our bucket list, but it will most likely be another 5+ years before we hit Alaska and pass through Vancouver as I get closer to retirement... if T-Mobile 5G works up there then there's a chance I might get to do it sooner as my job lets me work hybrid/remote, this might be a good summer trip to get away from the Texas heat

*** UPDATE ***
I just checked the club page and see that it's an on-road club, I haven't race on-road in 5+ years, I was thinking this was an off-road track, ha!

I assure you that pumping a battery for off-road makes a YUGE difference, but on-road has far less torque demand so I can see where pumping will not be as helpful, especially if it's a smooth flowing layout where you can carry corner speed.

The current layout doesn't look super technical to me which is where pumping will be useful for on-road if the layout was very technical with lots of hard acceleration on corner exits

​​​​​​​
hunterdawg likes this.