Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HW Quicrun Fusion 2-in-1 motor+esc - can it be used beyond crawling? >

HW Quicrun Fusion 2-in-1 motor+esc - can it be used beyond crawling?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TurnNBurn
  • 1 Post By sosidge

HW Quicrun Fusion 2-in-1 motor+esc - can it be used beyond crawling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default HW Quicrun Fusion 2-in-1 motor+esc - can it be used beyond crawling?

Hi All,

Anyone have experience with this motor? I have some builds that are a little space-constrained and I am tempted to try this motor+esc combo. I normally shy away from stuff like this but I have had good experiences with Hobbywing in general and this is a 2nd generation product, so maybe it will be fine.

Anyway, the bigger question is: can this be used for general purpose, light bashing outside of crawlers? The motor is marketed as having great low-speed control and is rated at 2300kv, but it goes up to 3s and I could fit a big enough pinion to get the right overall speed.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...7#tab-feedback

Anyone have experience with this? Will it work in a normal 4wd (non-crawler) vehicle and will it survive if it is run at high speed most of the time?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2023, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone?
Old 10-28-2023, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

It strictly depends on what kind of “bashing” you are talking about. Because it’s targeted at the crawler market, it’s very likely that the motor is wound for an emphasis on torque over speed, and the ESC likely favors modulation rates for smooth running at very, very low RPM’s - that’s not to say that it can’t run, but I wouldn’t count on it being super fast, nor being able to run at the higher speeds for extended periods… In other words, it wouldn’t be my first choice if I wanted to play around with speed runs using this.
smirkracing likes this.
Old 10-28-2023, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks!!
Old 10-30-2023, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smirkracing
Hi All,

Anyone have experience with this motor? I have some builds that are a little space-constrained and I am tempted to try this motor+esc combo. I normally shy away from stuff like this but I have had good experiences with Hobbywing in general and this is a 2nd generation product, so maybe it will be fine.

Anyway, the bigger question is: can this be used for general purpose, light bashing outside of crawlers? The motor is marketed as having great low-speed control and is rated at 2300kv, but it goes up to 3s and I could fit a big enough pinion to get the right overall speed.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbywi...7#tab-feedback

Anyone have experience with this? Will it work in a normal 4wd (non-crawler) vehicle and will it survive if it is run at high speed most of the time?

Thanks!
Although it can be set up with "normal" braking, the feel on the Fusions is very soft - I would not recommend for normal use.
smirkracing likes this.