Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DirkW
  • 1 Post By RazorRC

KEEPS BURNING MOTORS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2023, 05:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Default KEEPS BURNING MOTORS

Hiya, iv got a maverick quantum xt that keeps burning motors(maverick 550s) after about 3-4 batters I'm only running 7.4v NiMH 6 cell batterys. Iv been threw 3 already. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? Have tried different esc's and still losing motors
this one's more for the kids while we have jut brushless ones and I'm just over it burning motors for no reason.
using in dry condition also!
Old 06-16-2023, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YahBoyRemy
Hiya, iv got a maverick quantum xt that keeps burning motors(maverick 550s) after about 3-4 batters I'm only running 7.4v NiMH 6 cell batterys. Iv been threw 3 already. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this? Have tried different esc's and still losing motors
this one's more for the kids while we have jut brushless ones and I'm just over it burning motors for no reason.
using in dry condition also!

Your motor is getting too hot. A lot of companies will come out with a car and gear it the moon, just to make it look fast. I would drop 2 teeth on the pinion gear. Your motor will run cooler, your car will have more takeoff speed, and your run time will be much longer.
Old 06-17-2023, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also let it cool down a bit after each battery. Don't just change battery and immediately go and push it to the max again all over.
Andy Koback likes this.
Old 06-18-2023, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And.... look for sources of stuff that will generate heat -- seized bearings, running in grass, stuff caught up in the driveshafts. They can all put excessive load on the motors and kill them.
Lonestar likes this.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Whats the temp of motor. Too hot cuz maaybe gear ratio to high. Racing or bashing.