Wiki Posts
Search

FlySky and 12V DC775 control

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 02:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default FlySky and 12V DC775 control

Hello RC Tech fellas.

I am building a lawn mower rover and I need some help with control of blades.

I want to build a mower with 3 blades and I wold use this sets with this DC 775 motor but I would like to have a control on the remote FlySky so I can have the blades control, ON and OFF and possible potency meter control.

RC I have: FlySky FS i6

Set motor and blades I am thinking of purchasing: DC 12V 10 000 RPM

So I am looking a driver for this DC motors whic can be connected to the FlySky receiver so I can turn on and off blades, and if possible, control the RPM.

I have a ton of question, but this is for now

Looking forward to hear from anyone.

Marko

Old 04-04-2023, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

So I guess I am looking for PWM Speed controller.

Anyone has any ideas about this RC PWM speed controller.

Old 04-04-2023, 03:10 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You just need to find a ESC (Electronic Speed Controller) that meets your needs for voltage and current. With a standard 775 motor, you're looking for a "brushed ESC".

Look for what voltage it is rated for. Many are rated to 8.4V, some up to 11V and some beyond. If you want to power the motor from a 12V battery, look for something rated for 16V or higher. Most 775 motors aren't going to draw huge amounts of current, but check the Amps (A) rating of the ESC exceeds the maximum current of the motor.

The ESC will easily plug into any standard radio receiver and you will be able to control the speed from your transmitter.

This is not a recommendation, but an example: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbywin...ontroller.html

Suggest you go to your nearest hobby shop and they should be able to help you.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

When I was planning on building an RC mower as a gift, this is what I was going to use. These are popular for many applications. Never did end up building one as needs changed.

https:/www.dimensionengineering.com/products/sabertooth2x32
Old 04-07-2023, 02:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your input. This has really helped me a lot, and I really appreciate it.

I have located some cheap ESC on ebay, and I think this should work with DC775 motors with blade.

Now, based on your experience, what would be the best motor for my blades, instead of DC 12V 775 motors.

Should I got with brushless ones, and get ESC for those kind of motors, or do I stick with basic 775 DC 12 V motors and run them. What would be more efficient motors for blades?

I will use 12V 100Ah LiFePo4 battery with BMS and I think this should be more than enough for 3-5 hours of mowing.

Any input would be great.

Marko