• 2 Post By ddzc

Issues with Radiolink RC4GS V3 - TC4

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2023, 02:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Issues with Radiolink RC4GS V3 - TC4

Hey everyone,

I have an old tc4 I'm trying to get moving again. The original radio seems to be having some issues (zero communication) so I replaced it with a new Radiolink RC4GS V3. It seems like with this radio, it's also not working properly, but does somewhat communicate.
  1. When I have it connected, the steering works but it's reverse (when turning left, the wheels go right and vice versa)
  2. The Throttle does nothing at all, except the front servo twitches a bit when hitting the throttle.
The car has a Tekin G10 ESC. Will this remote work with it?

I've reset the ESC multiple times. I've re-synced the radio and the light is a solid green on the receiver. When I hit the throttle, I see the lights light up on the ESC and on the radios display, I also see the indicators going forward. When braking, the same, I see the tekin g10 responding as the lights light up and I also see it on the radios screen. Similarly, when I steer to the left, on the radios screen, it's showing a left turn indicator (while the wheels are going right), and vice versa.

Anyone have any ideas? The radio is brand new.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2023, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

did you read manual? switch steering direction. recalibrate esc to new radio.
SteveM and gigaplex like this.

Last edited by the rc guy; 01-29-2023 at 05:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup, actually reversed the steering to solve that problem after I posted this. But the throttle issue remained. What oddly ended up fixing is was when I ran the built in ESC test on the Tekin G10. Once the testing concluded, it started working. Strange one!
Old 01-29-2023, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

That speed control is about 25 years old right? Does that work right. Also read the manual on the speed control - just like any newer speed control there is a calibration between the radio and speed control that you need to follow - - see step 5

https://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/G10manu.pdf
Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sacmiata
That speed control is about 25 years old right? Does that work right. Also read the manual on the speed control - just like any newer speed control there is a calibration between the radio and speed control that you need to follow - - see step 5

https://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/G10manu.pdf
lol yes it's ancient, I built this car in the early 2000s but had the electronics way earlier in a Yokomo MR4TC! I did program the ESC and the radio calibration a dozen times over, but what fixed everything was the internal testing mechanism on the Tekin G10, bc I wanted to test the ESC to see if it was still functioning.

After I did this test, everything started working immediately after. Maybe bc after the test is done "Activating the self-test mode also resets all the mode selection and other set-up parameters to factory default values". So maybe this reset on the ESC did something. All is good now, she's alive after 15 yrs
angrymelon and gigaplex like this.

Last edited by ddzc; 01-30-2023 at 04:19 AM.