Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Silverbullet555
  • 1 Post By Silverbullet555

Hobbywing Justock start mode question

Old 04-17-2022, 08:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hobbywing Justock start mode question

Hi all, I just got back into RC racing after about 20yrs away and I picked up the Hobbywing XERUN XR10 Justock G3 & G2.1 17.5 combo to use in the JRX2 I restored. I picked up a 22 5.0 and upgraded to a Trinity Certified 17.5, keeping the same ESC. Both have been great, no complaints. I decided to leave the start mode set to 7, which is default, until last week when I upped it to 9. On 9 the car felt like an animal lol I've read startup mode is basically an amperage limiter but is does anyone know what levels 1-9 actually mean amperage or percentage wise? Is the throttle linear on each level? Maybe I'm overthinking it but I just haven't found much detail on start mode. Thanks, James
Old 04-17-2022, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I doubt anyone knows. Generally, the throttle curve will be linear, but there is no guarantee the 1-9 are evenly spaced. Also, as you change the available current, the motor can respond differently. In most cases, for 17.5 would good traction, you'll be near the top.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverbullet555
I doubt anyone knows. Generally, the throttle curve will be linear, but there is no guarantee the 1-9 are evenly spaced. Also, as you change the available current, the motor can respond differently. In most cases, for 17.5 would good traction, you'll be near the top.
Thanks for the reply. There was a pretty big jump in power from 7-9 which is why I was wondering. As long as the throttle is linear I'm cool with it, just don't want some artificial power boosting of some sort. Also, I'm running on black carpet so traction isn't a problem.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
Thanks for the reply. There was a pretty big jump in power from 7-9 which is why I was wondering. As long as the throttle is linear I'm cool with it, just don't want some artificial power boosting of some sort. Also, I'm running on black carpet so traction isn't a problem.
Justock is not able to do any boosting which is why it is used as a spec ESC. Cannot be changed to an illegal configuration.
ChocoTaco73 likes this.