• 1 Post By gigaplex
  • 1 Post By DirkW

Team powers esc problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Team powers esc problems

I recently got a few team powers esc’s.. there older models but work great. My problem is programming them.. I’m needing to switch them in or out of blinky mode.. and adjust timing etc... my issue is I’m not very computer savy and the website list the programs but my laptop won’t support them cause there a xup file.. that being said does anyone have one of the program cards for these and do they adjust all that or is it programming I have to do in the laptop. Does anyone know how to change the xup file to anything else. Or can send me the program to download in another format. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's been awhile, but I believe the xup file is for the newest V4.1 ESCs only. Check your speedos for the version, probably V3 or V4, and download the Radon Link version that applies. Do you have the USB program cable as well?

I upgraded from Radon Link V4 to V5, and got hung up on that xup file as well. No promises, but I have some contacts at TP USA, and might be able to get help - let me know which versions you have.

Last edited by belewis01; 09-12-2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by belewis01
It's been awhile, but I believe the xup file is for the newest V4.1 ESCs only. Check your speedos for the version, probably V3 or V4, and download the Radon Link version that applies. Do you have the USB program cable as well?

I upgraded from Radon Link V4 to V5, and got hung up on that xup file as well. No promises, but I have some contacts at TP USA, and might be able to get help - let me know which versions you have.
mine are v2’s I have the adapter and the cable ya.. I tried to download the firmware for 2.1
Old 09-12-2021, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracersb
mine are v2’s I have the adapter and the cable ya.. I tried to download the firmware for 2.1
Firmware loads into the ESC - you already have that.

You need to download the Radon USB link 2.0.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Firmware loads into the ESC - you already have that.

You need to download the Radon USB link 2.0.
i tried to download it again.. I can’t get the program to open I don’t know what else to do. Like I said I’m not computer savy, but it says it needs to open with another program for somthing. I’ve tried a couple but fails. So I’m not sure what to do.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i tried to download it again.. I can’t get the program to open I don’t know what else to do. Like I said I’m not computer savy, but it says it needs to open with another program for somthing. I’ve tried a couple but fails. So I’m not sure what to do.
The firmware file is not a program. You first need to download the USB link software which to can then use to connect to the ESC, which can then send the firmware file to the ESC
Old 09-19-2021, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The firmware file is not a program. You first need to download the USB link software which to can then use to connect to the ESC, which can then send the firmware file to the ESC

ya I tried to download the link software. I couldn’t figure it out. Any way to dumb down the process so I can figure it out. Or possible to send the program in a format I can download and be ready to go?
Old 09-19-2021, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ya I tried to download the link software. I couldn’t figure it out. Any way to dumb down the process so I can figure it out. Or possible to send the program in a format I can download and be ready to go?
I just checked the download link on their website. It's a .rar file which is a compressed file type. You'll need 3rd party software to extract it. I'd recommend 7zip to open the file.

That's pretty stupid on Team Powers' part to assume everyone has support for rar files already installed.​​​​​
DirkW likes this.
Old 09-19-2021, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
I just checked the download link on their website. It's a .rar file which is a compressed file type. You'll need 3rd party software to extract it. I'd recommend 7zip to open the file.

That's pretty stupid on Team Powers' part to assume everyone has support for rar files already installed.​​​​​
True. A .zip file would have been much better for ease of use.

Also +1 on the 7zip software.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Default Got it

Thanks guys I finally stumbled my way thru technology and got it figured out. Now my next issue is that I can’t find where to set it to blinky. I’m still Messing with it tho. Thanks again
Old 09-25-2021, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

From the V2 Mode description document ......

Race Mode - To run with modify motor (4.5T~9.5T), please select “Modify”
mode. To run with Stock motor (10.5T or over), please select
“Stock” mode
Old 09-25-2021, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

From the V2 Mode description document ......

Race Mode - To run with modify motor (4.5T~9.5T), please select “Modify”
mode. To run with Stock motor (10.5T or over), please select
“Stock” mode

I did try that but I could still set/adjust timing,boost, turbo. I would have thought that would be not adjustable in blinky. But I’ll try it thanks.
Old 09-25-2021, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not necessarily. But it shoud stop blinking, once you adjust timing.
gigaplex likes this.