LiPo Cell Voltages do not match?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo Cell Voltages do not match?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 03:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? LiPo Cell Voltages do not match?

I have a LiPo battery pack 6500mAh 80C 14.8V manufactured by ZEEE or zeeepower dot com. Its a 4S battery and all 4 cells are all over the place with voltage. this is the cell voltages not in any specific order. 3.98, 4.21, 4.06, 3.95. All the rest of my batteries when charging with my Venom AC sport Charger stay the same voltage while they charge. Is this battery defective or is this normal? battery is brand spanking new, this was the first charge.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

from looking the battery seems ok not the best brand but ok .Id look at getting a different charger with a better balancer in it.or make 1 of these and set charger on 1 cell and charge each cell up

Old 05-01-2020, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

What is more important is the IR readings for each cell, that will tell you if any of your cells are not properly matched. I would consider investing in a higher quality charger:
Old 05-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

How old are the lipos? How many times has been cycled? How many times have balance the lipos? Cycled before Balanced? Manufacture of Charger? I use Zeee's on my drones, never had a problem, theyre a year old.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Alright, here is an update, the cells are fine. I let the charger do its thing like some one someplace else said (using this charger "venom lipo and nimh ac sport balance charger" ) and the cells ultimately balanced out. I ran the battery for about 25 minutes then let it cool down for an hour. then went to recharge the battery again and all cells were showing 3.7 volts. is this charger any good "Powerhobby H200 AC / DC Fast Lipo Battery Charger Arrma w Banana XT90 Black" . All the reviews I read were positive for this one. I wanted one of the Venom Pro chargers. but those are too expensive, for me right now.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Frank.datank
.. is this charger any good "Powerhobby H200 AC / DC Fast Lipo Battery Charger Arrma w Banana XT90 Black"...
I don't see any support for IR measurement for this charger, without knowing the IR, you will have no clue on the current condition of your batteries, I list a couple low budget options to consider here: