Free Custom steering wheels >

Free Custom steering wheels

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrOflam

Free Custom steering wheels

Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Free Custom steering wheels

Ok, I started making custom steering wheels, cause I think its fun. I thought I was being crafty and devised a way of having interchangeable adapters to fit multiple radios. Well, It doesnt seem like its working out that well lol... So I would like to ask for some help.

I need some kind individuals to send me their radios, or even just their steering wheels off their radios. So that I may be able to compile drawings of wheels that will fit different brands/models. In exchange for your generous cooperation, I will send your original items back, along with a free custom steering wheel of a design that you specify. Logo, image colors, whatever, you pick it, its yours free. I really only need one of each (dont need people sending me multiple 4pk-s' for example), so its kind of a first come first serve type thing.

If you are interested or have questions please contact me.

Bsthetech likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Wow! Ive got a KO Propo EX-1 I might be able to send... PM me details on expected turnaround and design limitations.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can just send you the measurements of some wheels, since that would cost less in shipping for you. Futaba 4px wheel and some other low-end radio wheels. I do a lot of 3d printing and CAD stuff.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evhexrc View Post
I can just send you the measurements of some wheels, since that would cost less in shipping for you. Futaba 4px wheel and some other low-end radio wheels. I do a lot of 3d printing and CAD stuff.
If you could provide enough detail that would be awesome. Been a CAD operator myself for going on 30 years .. Most of those years have been in civil engineering though, so modeling 3d objects, more of an amateurish hobby I guess.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MrOflam View Post
If you could provide enough detail that would be awesome. Been a CAD operator myself for going on 30 years .. Most of those years have been in civil engineering though, so modeling 3d objects, more of an amateurish hobby I guess.
You got it!
Old 12-05-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

So, a couple weeks ago or so, flysky shared some tease images and video of an ironman arc reactor like steering wheel. And the old "I can do that" thought popped into my head. So, drawn from scratch, doesnt light up like flysky's (yet?), and looks to be at least 75% the size of flysky's.... Also, mine was meant to have more grey in it (messed up a layer pause in printing), but nonetheless, a working proof of concept for this particular design, non-lit up as it may be, and another solid example of what can be done as far as custom steering wheels are concerned.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Shoot, forgot about this! Busy!

...procrastination makes perfect, I guess.
Old 12-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evhexrc View Post
Shoot, forgot about this! Busy!

...procrastination makes perfect, I guess.
No problem. When ever you got a moment, I'd appreciate the help.