Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree651Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I suppose you could use a dual channel scope but you'd have to take apart the transmitter to get to the pot for the steering, throttle, etc. Then you could hook up the second channel to the receiver output and take some measurements to find out how long it takes for TX input to become RX output.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Styxxx
Thank you. Thats how far I got in my research as well
I just wish to know what "fast enough" is.
Yes, I've seen some high speed videos out there, and it looks good.
I'm about to get a new transmitter and I was willing to pay more. But I do have a really soft spot in my heart for the "underdogs" aka the lesser brands.
Surely there must be some way to measure this with an oscilloscope? No I don't have one myself. But I have seen some videos of smart people reviewing 2,4GHz systems on Youtube, and they often show me fancy cuves on them oscilloscopes.
A FlySky rep. told me it's less than 3 ms. I also have a Sanwa MT-44 which is suppose to have 2.6 ms but I have not yet had the chance to test the Noble on the track.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by frewster
I suppose you could use a dual channel scope but you'd have to take apart the transmitter to get to the pot for the steering, throttle, etc. Then you could hook up the second channel to the receiver output and take some measurements to find out how long it takes for TX input to become RX output.
Saw a video where someone was doing actual latency measurements, and as you describe, seemed pretty elaborate. Downloading, opening, decoding and comparing some packet things that radios and receivers send back and forth to each other.

The high speed video thing, seems much more simple. Even though it will not satisfy the need to have a actual measurement in milliseconds.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
A FlySky rep. told me it's less than 3 ms. I also have a Sanwa MT-44 which is suppose to have 2.6 ms but I have not yet had the chance to test the Noble on the track.
I'm looking forward to hear your opinion.
I was looking at MT-44 too but went with NB4 because of receiver price $35 vs $25. Saving a bit here and there helps a lot for me.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Trust me, I would love for it to be less than 3ms. But if it was, why would they market it as 3ms in "Sport Mode"?

I'm not trying to be a Negative Nancy here, but I do find the marketing/info thing to be a bit off. Probably the language barrier.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

hi i seen there was some discussion about the 1 or 2 way RF setup, is 1 way actually faster?
i tried to bind in 1 way but it never completes binding?

Last edited by MonsterJuice; 09-25-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Transmitter case idea

Line lunchbox with foam mat from Harbor Freight

Made transmitter case out of a lunch box
frewster, MrOflam and s550v like this.
Old 09-28-2019, 08:39 PM
Dob
Tech Addict

Received my Noble in anticipation of the Mini Z Evo RX release. I have close to 5 hours of messing with this thing and no luck... It will not connect to either of the included fgr4s Rx's no matter what I try. My guess is that the Rx's need updating before they will bind but it's just not happening. Every youtube tutorial and forum post that I figured would help out has been a bust. Flysky did answer an email with what I hoped would work but still no luck. I followed their quickstart guide to a T. I updated the TX firmware, did the "RF Update", jumped the RX to force it into mandatory bind mode. I went through every process no fewer than a couple dozen times. I can't imagine what I'm missing and need a hail mary before I throw in the towel. Anyone?!

Here's everything I tried... https://github.com/open-flysky/FLYSK...ransmitter/NB4
Old 09-28-2019, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dob
Received my Noble in anticipation of the Mini Z Evo RX release. I have close to 5 hours of messing with this thing and no luck... It will not connect to either of the included fgr4s Rx's no matter what I try. My guess is that the Rx's need updating before they will bind but it's just not happening. Every youtube tutorial and forum post that I figured would help out has been a bust. Flysky did answer an email with what I hoped would work but still no luck. I followed their quickstart guide to a T. I updated the TX firmware, did the "RF Update", jumped the RX to force it into mandatory bind mode. I went through every process no fewer than a couple dozen times. I can't imagine what I'm missing and need a hail mary before I throw in the towel. Anyone?!

Here's everything I tried... https://github.com/open-flysky/FLYSK...ransmitter/NB4
Hello, what firmware versions have you tried? I may have an older version saved on my computer. Are the receiver LEDs flashing to indicate they're in bind mode?
Old 09-29-2019, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dob

Did you update the receiver? If you update the trans. firmware you must update then rebind each receiver.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:34 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by frewster
Hello, what firmware versions have you tried? I may have an older version saved on my computer. Are the receiver LEDs flashing to indicate they're in bind mode?
i tried what it originally shipped with, then after gave no luck I’ve tried both the 4 channel and newer 8 channel from the website.

Originally Posted by TOM MAR
Did you update the receiver? If you update the trans. firmware you must update then rebind each receiver.
I think updating the receiver would cure the issue but after hundreds of failed attempts I have been unable to do so. Sending FlySky a video of my process shortly.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dob

Really sounds to me like you need to update the receivers. And just to make sure, here's a quick run down on how to do so.

First, make sure your receiver has a binding plug plugged in the update way (not sure what they call this). Its plugged in perpendicular to what you would normally do, and on the bind end. See the pic here:

After plugging the binding plug in this way, power the receiver on.

Then turn on your Noble, and go to "RX SET", shown here in the bottom left.

Then scroll all the way down and select "Update Receiver"

Then select what receiver you are using. And click "Update"

This should be it. You'll then see a progress bar and the radio will notify you when its done.

After that, turn off the receiver, rotate the binding plug to the "normal" way, in the bind port, and bind the radio.

I can make a more detailed explanation of that as well if needed. But its pretty much the same thing, binding plug in, power on receiver, "RX SET", "Bind With A Receiver", done.
s550v and phattracker like this.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:40 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Really sounds to me like you need to update the receivers. And just to make sure, here's a quick run down on how to do so.

First, make sure your receiver has a binding plug plugged in the update way (not sure what they call this). Its plugged in perpendicular to what you would normally do, and on the bind end. See the pic here:

After plugging the binding plug in this way, power the receiver on.

Then turn on your Noble, and go to "RX SET", shown here in the bottom left.

Then scroll all the way down and select "Update Receiver"

Then select what receiver you are using. And click "Update"

This should be it. You'll then see a progress bar and the radio will notify you when its done.

After that, turn off the receiver, rotate the binding plug to the "normal" way, in the bind port, and bind the radio.

I can make a more detailed explanation of that as well if needed. But its pretty much the same thing, binding plug in, power on receiver, "RX SET", "Bind With A Receiver", done.
i agree, definitely need to update the receiver. Unfortunately I have done the process that you shared with me a couple dozen times all the while trying to re-download firmware in case there was an issue somewhere with that. I cannot get either of the rx’s to update no matter what. A flySkye representative sent me a video process of exactly what you were demonstrating, and unfortunately like I said I had already done that many, many times. I submitted a video to them of me going through the process to make sure I was doing it right. At this point, I am almost certain that the issue lies with the transmitter. Whether it is software or a faulty transmitter - I am not sure. I appreciate the help and will update when I get an answer!

Edit- Edit - just tried to upload a video of the process, but our CRctech wouldn’t let me because of the format
Old 09-29-2019, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dob

i agree, definitely need to update the receiver. Unfortunately I have done the process that you shared with me a couple dozen times all the while trying to re-download firmware in case there was an issue somewhere with that. I cannot get either of the rx’s to update no matter what. A flySkye representative sent me a video process of exactly what you were demonstrating, and unfortunately like I said I had already done that many, many times. I submitted a video to them of me going through the process to make sure I was doing it right. At this point, I am almost certain that the issue lies with the transmitter. Whether it is software or a faulty transmitter - I am not sure. I appreciate the help and will update when I get an answer!
Yeah, that's nuts. I have updated receivers several times, never had a problem. So if your doing the exact same thing, and can't get it to work, even after firmware update, I would guess you have some kind of hardware issue.

Sucks.

I wish you luck.
Dob likes this.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:32 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MrOflam
Yeah, that's nuts. I have updated receivers several times, never had a problem. So if your doing the exact same thing, and can't get it to work, even after firmware update, I would guess you have some kind of hardware issue.

Sucks.

I wish you luck.
Appreciate it! Hoping I’m just missing something or FlySky finds out there’s a fault or something in their newest Firmware... They have been very responsive to emails so far, but the Chinese do have a 8 day holiday coming up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.