Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time for New Servos!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Time for New Servos!

I need to pick up a new servo to replace the stock throttle servo on my HPI Bullet that went out. I May as well replace both at the same time to save later hassle.

I’m thinking of going the Hitec route, but I’m unsure if I should go one digital and one analog, or both analog.
what are your guys’ thoughts on this? I am currently running the quad AA battery pack to run the servos, but could switch if need be.

I am running the Airtronics MT-S w/RX-482
Any suggestions would be awesome!
Old 09-14-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

been using hitec for many years //used and new can not go wrong
Old 09-14-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by the rc guy
been using hitec for many years //used and new can not go wrong
Analog or digital? That’s my dilemma, not sure which I should go with.
I read that both digital isn’t a good idea.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Whomever sold you on the idea that having all digital servos in your rig is a bad idea was not the most reliable source. Think about airplane guys who can have as many as 16+ digital servos in one airplane. 2 digital servos in a 1/10 truck isn't an issue. For that rig, I'd suggest the D-955TW on the steering and the HS-5585MH on the throttle/brake.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply!
I knew that sounded off, but wasn’t for sure because I’m still new to the hobby. I’ll have to check those servos out.
I have a good transmitter that can adjust cutoff voltage. How hard would it be to switch to a Lipo to run my servos? Or should I stick with nihm?
Old 09-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Set
Tech Adept

sanwa PGS-CX (full size) / PGS-CL (low profile), budget HV lineup from sanwa, enjoy your SSR.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JP126
Thanks for the reply!
I knew that sounded off, but wasn’t for sure because I’m still new to the hobby. I’ll have to check those servos out.
I have a good transmitter that can adjust cutoff voltage. How hard would it be to switch to a Lipo to run my servos? Or should I stick with nihm?
I'm new to the nitro thing and have just set up a new 8th buggy and had really good advice. Anyway, you can run the 2S lipo with that rx, just make sure you get servos that can handle 7.4v too and you're away. There are specific receiver lipos which come in different shapes depending on your car. For some reason the square ones are heaps more expensive than stick packs.