Search

Testing Motors with 2s Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Testing Motors with 2s Voltage

Hey everyone,

I was looking at the Trinity Motolyser and the GForce Brushless Motor Analyzer and saw that one of the big differences between the two is the ability to test motors with 1s power on the Motolyser. I will primarily be using it to tune motors for carpet oval, which runs 1s batteries and didn't know if testing the motor at 2s power on the GForce Analyzer would give me results that would not translate to running with 1s batteries. Has anyone had any experience with doing that, or information on it that I could read?

Also, is there a big difference in the accuracy of the readings between both units?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Old 09-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

For the most part, you are using the motor analyzer to set your timing based on amp draw, I would like to think that this would be relative to voltage in a way that will give you reliable results when comparing the health of your motor over time and checking your timing/amp readings... in other words I don't think that 2S for setting the timing makes any difference... you're gonna still have to check your gearing and temps regardless... I would talk to the motor manufacturer and ask them what they recommend to set your amp draw for your 1S powered car.