Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba X not working.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Mamba X not working.

I took it out to shorten the motor leads. It was working fine and only 6 months old with no problems. When all hooked up and the switch turned on, nothing. Battery charged, no cooling fan, no bind light, no power. I soldered the switch wires together still nothing. Lead is in esc plug nice and tight although I did have to put it in initially. It looks good and on all pins. I switched with same older one and all is fine. Any thoughts on this. I did put that lead one pin off at first, tried it, then put it right and tried again. Could that first error fry the esc? No smoke or spark. TIA Charlie.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

You may want to check the wiring harness that connects the switch and sensor leads to the escape directly. One night during racing my truck took a hard hit and cracked the plastic that holds those wires in place and my esc lost all power until I pushed the switch leads back in.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Djr8505
You may want to check the wiring harness that connects the switch and sensor leads to the escape directly. One night during racing my truck took a hard hit and cracked the plastic that holds those wires in place and my esc lost all power until I pushed the switch leads back in.
Thanks for the reply. That harness was out when I put the esc back into the car. I plugged it in incorrectly the first try but the right way the second try. Still no power. Switch is bypassed.