Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By billdelong

single saddle pack charging?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 11:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default single saddle pack charging?

If i were to wire that black balancer connector into the negative cable like it is on the positive side would I be able to charge a single saddle pack no problem? I ask because the truck came with two 2s saddle packs that were being run together for 4s but my track only allows 2s, so would this be safe to charge?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

no, you will short out the negative cell, but I question if that pack is truly 2S, have you placed a voltmeter across it to confirm that it's 8.4V?

normally there would be a tiny bullet hole in the middle between the 4mm bullets on the pack... I suspect that what you have pictured is actually 1S
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by billdelong
no, you will short out the negative cell, but I question if that pack is truly 2S, have you placed a voltmeter across it to confirm that it's 8.4V?

normally there would be a tiny bullet hole in the middle between the 4mm bullets on the pack... I suspect that what you have pictured is actually 1S
Its definitely a 2s and Ive never seen saddle packs with the middle bullet connectpr, I've only Ly seen that on shorty and brick packs
Old 07-19-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

hard to balance that pack.. you can make a Y harness to use the 2 -2 cell packs to be a large 2 cell...12600mah..it clearly spell out it is a 2 cell lipo it is not a 1 cell
balance plug has only 2 wires .shortcuts makers do are just great (not)
Old 07-19-2018, 02:59 PM
dtr
Tech Master

All my saddle packs show 7.4V on both halves, even though they are 3.7V individually. Billdelong is almost surely right, just measure them.