Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default SKy RC ESC?

Does anyone have experience with Sky RC ESCs? I'm looking at this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKY-RC-SK-3....c100290.m3507
Old 03-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looks like a rebranded Hobbywing WP-SC8. If it is, I have heard really good feedback on the Hobbywing version.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ljl23
Looks like a rebranded Hobbywing WP-SC8. If it is, I have heard really good feedback on the Hobbywing version.
No, SkyRc is their own OEM. In fact, several other brands, Toro comes to mind first, are selling re-branded SkyRC stuff. It's a bit lower end than real HW equipment but not too bad.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:02 AM
Tech Initiate

They are good ESCs. The only problem is that if your fan goes wrong, you have to unsolder the wires to remove the case and get access to the fan....
You can get more information from "bring it on" he is one of the distributor of the brand.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

I used to race with the Toro SkyRC stuff a few years ago and I've finally ditched the brand completely... every single ESC I owned from 80A, 120A and 150A, either 2S version or 4S have all ran into the same problem. Over time, when you case a jump and the chassis slaps the ground then the car will runaway full throttle (with no steering) for a split second, sometimes you might hit a wall, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you can go a full race day without the glitch... but it was when my car lost control and slammed full tilt into a marshal leaving a nasty bruise on his leg when I finally ditched SkyRC from all my cars
Old 03-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by St. George
Does anyone have experience with Sky RC ESCs? I'm looking at this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKY-RC-SK-3....c100290.m3507
Interesting. SkyRC doesn't even have it listed on their website .

I think SkyRC wants some of the WP-SC8's "thunder" if you ask me, but I'd be willing to try one out when my EZRun ESCs give out...that might be awhile .
Old 03-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would just get the HobbyWing WP-SC8. It is only $10 more and you get the extra security knowing that it will perform well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-W...QAAOSwX7pZt~qf
Old 03-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would just get the HobbyWing WP-SC8. It is only $10 more and you get the extra security knowing that it will perform well.
Is the correct answer...
Old 03-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I have used the SkyRC TS50 as well as the TS-120 Competition and never once had any issues. The TS50 is a blinky only ESC so not too much to say there. This model is also sold as the G-force TS50 and Hobbyking also re-brands them and sells as the Trackstar Sportsman 60A in red. They are all the same.

I run the TS-120 Competition in my TC6.2 and it has been perfect. I bought the programmer box which makes changing settings easier and I also use the PC based software with the USB cable. All aluminium case with the built-in On/Off switch makes installation easy.

Great value speed controls in my opinion.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

We sell a tremendous amount of SkyRC products. As noted above they are their own manufacturer and they make a lot of parts OEM for other guys (all G-force products are SkyRC, Ecopower motors are SkyRC etc.). We have great luck with their products, but my suggestion is to stay away from the TS120W. I'm surprised to even see it listed still for sale anywhere as SkyRC discontinued that ESC some time ago which explains it not being on their site. We had a good amount of problems with those ESC's and stopped carrying them over a year ago.
Old 03-18-2018, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-W...QAAOSwX7pZt~qf
Damn, that's a nice price indeed, a no-brainer at that price. Should probably snatch one for a spare at some point before they're all gone (as I believe they're discontinued).