Search
Like Tree198Likes

Digital Servos from China

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Not sure I follow your train of thought, having raced on-road for many years, I have learned that racing with 64P gears was more beneficial than 48P gears to increase precision by having more FDR options to hit that sweet spot to improve efficiency. It would stand to reason that logic would carry forward with servo gears as well. Not saying that larger pitch servo gear would be less efficient, but having a smaller pitch gear could increase the opportunity to offer a wider range of efficiencies, perhaps that might be why AGF servos seem to offer the widest range of torque/speed selection than most other brands on the market right now. To me that's a win/win every which way I see it

Video Clip of Servo Gears with close up view
Great point except the AGF gears are actually cut into a larger pitch than the others and that makes them less precise. Way to strategically twist around what I said for yours sales point
Old 04-19-2020, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
Great point except the AGF gears are actually cut into a larger pitch than the others and that makes them less precise. Way to strategically twist around what I said for yours sales point
There are 2 schools of thought, one could argue that a larger cut would be more durable and less likely to strip, I am experiencing this issue with my mini truggy right now which uses 48P gears and I'm working on a conversion to use 32P gears... no matter which way you go there will always be a trade off.... regardless I would recommend trying the A80 BHM, it's super smooth and way more precise than some $150+ servos I have owned! I would be willing to bet that AGF is the OEM for rebrands out there who are charging 2-3x as much.
mushroomed and themountain like this.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

There are 2 schools of thought, one could argue that a larger cut would be more durable and less likely to strip, I am experiencing this issue with my mini truggy right now which uses 48P gears and I'm working on a conversion to use 32P gears... no matter which way you go there will always be a trade off.... regardless I would recommend trying the A80 BHM, it's super smooth and way more precise than some $150+ servos I have owned! I would be willing to bet that AGF is the OEM for rebrands out there who are charging 2-3x as much.
yes I totally agree that the bigger the pitch the greater the durability with the trade off being precision. I would try the AGF it it would have the same Sanwa fastest response mode compatibility like my current servos of choice. That is a big priority for myself and why I am ok with paying more for a more premium servo and having factory support easily at my disposal
Old 04-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
yes I totally agree that the bigger the pitch the greater the durability with the trade off being precision. I would try the AGF it it would have the same Sanwa fastest response mode compatibility like my current servos of choice. That is a big priority for myself and why I am ok with paying more for a more premium servo and having factory support easily at my disposal
You're in luck because they do have an optional programmer for SSR:
https://www.agfrc.com/index.php?id=2107

I'm telling you, these AGF servos are legit
Bry195 likes this.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

You're in luck because they do have an optional programmer for SSR:
https://www.agfrc.com/index.php?id=2107

I'm telling you, these AGF servos are legit
SSR is good but SXR mode is where it’s at, The difference is amazing with the pro performance on SXR vs the Sanwa SXR servo it has to be felt to truly be appreciated and they are plug and play no programming necessary
Old 04-22-2020, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

But there are probably no servos out there which support that...besides the one from SANWA
Old 04-22-2020, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by themountain
But there are probably no servos out there which support that...besides the one from SANWA
yes Pro Performance Rc does and they are better than the Sanwa version by far, I had the Sanwa’s and tried these and these are the best servos I ever had. All of my Sanwa’s are now sold
Old 08-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

I've been running AGF servos for a while now, 6+ months with the A80BHM in my SCT410.3 and about 3+ months with the A62BLS in my mini truggy (PR Racing 401R-T).

Just this past week I stripped the servo gears in my mini truggy, and I knew exactly the moment it happened was when I quickly turned the wheel on a botched landing from trying to get the truck to level out. That said, the servo was only rated for 167oz-in of torque @6V, I will be swapping it with the A65BHL which is rated for 348oz-in @6V. The A65BHL is in between a shorty and standard servo which makes it a very interesting servo to try.

Anyway here's a closeup of the stripped gears on the A62BLS which ironically use the same replacement gear set as the A65BHL, so check back in another 3+ months to see if the A65BHL holds up!:

Height comparison from left to right
JX-7032MG --> AGF-A65BHL --> AGF-A62BLS

frewster and themountain like this.

Last edited by billdelong; 08-16-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

You should be able to get spare gear sets.

I stock a range of the gear sets, but not the A62BLS im afraid.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by richjbarnett
You should be able to get spare gear sets.

I stock a range of the gear sets, but not the A62BLS im afraid.
I have been ordering my gear sets here, I think it took about 6 weeks to get my first order:
https://www.agf-rc.com/servo-gear-set-p2630366.html

Be sure to use the drop down to select the appropriate set you need!
Old 08-28-2020, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lexusbest
Any of you tried JX Ecoboost servos? I'm having good luck with JX CLS servos for 40 bucks, but Ecoboost servos have amazing specs for 20 bucks
running one in my Tekno MT410. Been in there all year, still works like new. Zero complaints.
Old 08-28-2020, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

One of the best cheap digital servos. I have four of them and they all work great!

SPT 4412LV - $12 shipped

I stayed away from Futaba, Savox and Ko Propo. I'm just now using Power HD and SPT in my kits. They all perform well as expected in their claim, cheap and reliable.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

I have been ordering my gear sets here, I think it took about 6 weeks to get my first order:
https://www.agf-rc.com/servo-gear-set-p2630366.html

Be sure to use the drop down to select the appropriate set you need!
actually its quicker to send them a message on FB...there you can check ut the specific model and how fast you want it to be delivered .
billdelong likes this.

Last edited by themountain; 02-28-2021 at 03:24 AM.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
One of the best cheap digital servos. I have four of them and they all work great!
SPT 4412LV - $12 shipped
They all perform well as expected in their claim, cheap and reliable.
They are an interesting offer...sadly I ordered some 3 times and it never got delivered
Old 08-31-2020, 07:40 PM
Tech Champion

So my recent gear set order from AGF just arrived today, I placed the order on the 16th so that's a 2 week delivery which is pretty impressive. Only odd thing is this time they didn't include any product labels, just clear zip lock bags with the gear sets in each bag. I had to staple my own hand written label on them so I didn't lose track, I also have gear sets for the standard servos too and don't want them to get mixed up.

They also included this freebie in my order and I have no idea what this is, anyone else seen what this is used for? I checked their website and couldn't find any product pages with this anywhere:

If I didn't know any better I would guess that it's a key chain, but it kinda looks like there might be LED's on it maybe?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.