Wiki Posts
Search

M11 and 2.4 Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Unhappy M11 and 2.4 Question

I have an old M11 that came with 2.4. Do I have to use Sanwa/Airtronics RXs or can a different one be subbed in? Unless Sanwa/Airtronics are available new still.

I have an M8 using Novak switch I'd like to convert over at some point as well. I know I can't get that stuff anymore.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SocalSnakeEyes
I have an old M11 that came with 2.4. Do I have to use Sanwa/Airtronics RXs or can a different one be subbed in? Unless Sanwa/Airtronics are available new still.

I have an M8 using Novak switch I'd like to convert over at some point as well. I know I can't get that stuff anymore.
You can get any Sanwa FHSS-2 receiver for that remote. They still sell them but the options are pretty much limited to their cheaper receivers

https://www.amainhobbies.com/sanwa-a...41145a/p525362
Old 11-15-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank You.
The cheaper stuff does not bug me to much. Given how fast tech moves there probably the same quality as the expensive one was when the radio was new. Also, I'm mostly going to playing around at the park with my kids and the Monster trucks till I relearn driving them. Then maybe I would fork out lots of cash for new radios.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SocalSnakeEyes
Thank You.
The cheaper stuff does not bug me to much. Given how fast tech moves there probably the same quality as the expensive one was when the radio was new. Also, I'm mostly going to playing around at the park with my kids and the Monster trucks till I relearn driving them. Then maybe I would fork out lots of cash for new radios.
Very true my friend, the fhss-2 receivers are more than good enough for your every day use, and they are waterproof I still use one in my short course truck because it gets the most dirty/wet lol As long as they still work keep em! I still keep my mx-3x around because it works like a charm and can take some abuse.