Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My servo is sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy My servo is sticking?

Hi I'm honestly not quite sure what to call my issue. But this just happened. I was driving and then my servo just started making a noise like really loud screech only when I turn to the right. Also it's like getting stuck in the right position, only when I lock out though. If I do gradual right turn its okay, but if I lock it out it makes the loud noise and sticks. Is this a broken gear set in my servo or is it something in the linkages?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hessterdj
Hi I'm honestly not quite sure what to call my issue. But this just happened. I was driving and then my servo just started making a noise like really loud screech only when I turn to the right. Also it's like getting stuck in the right position, only when I lock out though. If I do gradual right turn its okay, but if I lock it out it makes the loud noise and sticks. Is this a broken gear set in my servo or is it something in the linkages?
Most likely, it sounds like one of the gears in your servo has a few fewer teeth than it should. Also possible is a bind in your steering linkage/rack. Remove your servo horn and you should be able to tell what it is pretty quickly.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA
Most likely, it sounds like one of the gears in your servo has a few fewer teeth than it should. Also possible is a bind in your steering linkage/rack. Remove your servo horn and you should be able to tell what it is pretty quickly.
Yea it's not a linkage issue, the server just gets really stuck and like then it snaps when you get it out of the lock, so I guess its broken... RIP. Broke during the easiest session ever.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

of course.
Old 10-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by MarkA
+1

I've had luck taking a stripped gear and rotating it 180° to get more life out of the gear, though I would probably order a replacement gear set anyway if/once you confirm you've got a stripped gear. Maybe loosen your servo saver a pinch?