R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   6TH Annual Toys 4 Tots!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/86879-6th-annual-toys-4-tots.html)

charlie_b 12-12-2005 12:25 PM

Hey Everyone.
I wanted to thank everyone for all the Toys and Participation!. As far as the Trophies, yes, you will be getting them. They are the same trophy company who does Jimmy's as well as Revalation and 4 Fun Hobbies so obviously it was one of those freak things. Apparently their engraver broke and was only fixed on Sunday(yesterday). They said they would do their best to get it out to us before the race was over, but i guess it hadn't made it there. As soon as i get in intoush with them, i will let everyone know how i can get their awards to them whether i see them at La Mirada or any other race i hold or be at.

Some issues with the loop could have been avoided, but it just seemed to not sync in.. :flaming:

For the first couple mains, i appologise for you not hearing the speaker...the speaker wire was stepped on and no one bothered to plug it back in until i had to check the sound when i was told i could not be heard.

A few people complained that i wouldn't wait...but as i have explained numerous times, no one had the luxury of waiting for you if you did not have the time between race 1 and race 17 to charge your batteries in the second round for your main as well as the 20 min lunch break i gave for you to check what race/frequency you have as well as putting the right batteries, soldering the right polarity for your motors, etc. As you saw, the sun went down at 4:50pm. We were cutting it close.

All in all, with all the racing excitement and nice visit by Anna for Inside RC, we had a GREAT event!

Thankyou Sponsors!
Team Associated
Tamiya USA
Team Losi
Hpi Racing
Team PharrisWheel
Spazstix Paints
Protoform
Top Racing/Kenon Racing
PTI Racing
Integy
Hotbodies
OOC AirScoops

Thankyou for your OCC Support:
Brion Kolohi Always there to help set up and anything else OC Circuit needs.
Chris Lim Mr Track Master and designer.
Howard Hudson Track Prep Extraodinare.
Dennis Hall Driver's Stand Builder.
Mike Soriano for Always giving the extra the hand as well as
Kevin Cole
DJ Deeves for co announcing
Terence Cole for co announcing
Robert Gonzalez for co announcing
Dan Apadaca
Fernando Q
Mark Retired Barden
ALL TAOB CREW
Fran for bringing your boys down!
** Special Thanks**
Tony Phalen and Gary Owen from Team Associated
** Special Thanks**
Fred Medel from Tamiya USA
** Special Thanks**
Paul Dabao and Robert Itoh from Yokomo USA
** Special Thanks**
Andrew Hillman from HPI USA
** Special Thanks**
Dennis Racine from RCRACING.COM
with out him, we wouldn't have an OC CIrcuit Website

If i left anyone out, i appologise, not that it wasnt appreciated, just so many to list, you understand.

Angels Andrea and Jolene

And Finally, Angie and Princess for Being the backbone of OC CIRCUIT.

Thankyou everyone for a great year! We look forward to seeing everyone in 2006! Have a wonderful holidays everyone. See ya at the track!

2006 Toys 4 Tots Race Results

Jon Kerr 12-12-2005 12:59 PM

Charlie, That was the best run race I've seen at La Mirada. Thank you. Some people complained about you not waiting, but they've probably never driven 120 miles to race a parking lot and not gotten to race their main because it's too dark. Those of us that have, appreciate the fast and efficient program. And with the timing loop, yes, people should have raised their bodies. The only suggestion I can make is to make sure the loop is not right at the braking zone when you don't have a sweeper at the end of the straight. I think if the loop had been 5-10 feet farther back, you probably wouldn't have had any problems. I know I was heavy on the breaks going into that corner and I was on them just as I would come to the loop.

m8commando 12-12-2005 05:08 PM

Charlie if you come to camarillo, for the Toys 4 Tots Race on the 18th, you can bring the trophies. We are expecting an excellent turnout. Way to get us thru the day. Had a good time.

P.S. The Camarillo track is getting a new face lift this week. Lots of changes, including a new Road Dome system. So come on out and have some fun.

Mr. Postman 12-12-2005 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by m8commando
Charlie if you come to camarillo, for the Toys 4 Tots Race on the 18th, you can bring the trophies. We are expecting an excellent turnout. Way to get us thru the day. Had a good time.

P.S. The Camarillo track is getting a new face lift this week. Lots of changes, including a new Road Dome system. So come on out and have some fun.

I also heard/read that you're treating the track with VHT or some other type of traction compound. Is this correct? Thanks.

TC

Mr. Postman 12-12-2005 06:57 PM

CoBroRa had some ups and downs, but overall, we really had a good time. Both Kevin and I made the podium for both of our mains. It was a blast being back on the mike again, after over twenty years. CB, If you'll have me back again (and the racers don't mind), let me know. I hope the pro mod guys weren't too disappointed at me doing their heat races. I don't know the cars from the drivers (except Tony P., who is running the same basic paint scheme since I started running out there. You guys are uber quick out there, so I did the next best thing by letting you know your lap times and the split times between the top four drivers. At the Hobby Bench races I called, the peeps were running grasshoppers, frogs, and hornets (the RC-10 hadn't even been released yet), with 540 motors and 1200mah battery packs. It was a tad bit easier to call traffic for them.

TC

m8commando 12-12-2005 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by mr_postman
I also heard/read that you're treating the track with VHT or some other type of traction compound. Is this correct? Thanks.

TC

Yes you are correct! VHT will be applied. I would like to also mention the strait away will be the only area that does not consist of road rails but Brand new 2x2 treated lumber permanantly installed. This will stop course traffic from finding its way on the straight away due to the road rails having a tendency to move.

Primetime :tire:

r a shoe 12-12-2005 08:09 PM

T4T was great fun even from a spectator's viewpoint.

One thing though, how do the grumpy buzzard & the bitter man end up walking away with car kits. :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Charlie, I don't care what they say about you ( :ha: ), you kept it flowing and got all the races in. Think of the great Exp. 19T & Mod. mains we would have missed.

howard hudson 12-12-2005 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by r a shoe
One thing though, how do the grumpy buzzard & the bitter man end up walking away with car kits. :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D

Bout time I won something!!!!!! do you know how many times I have walked away with just the raffle ticket??????? countless !!!

dont hate shoe
;) :lol: :lol:

charlie_b 12-12-2005 09:51 PM

I Appreciate it guys!

Im glad the people who won stuff got what they wanted. Again, Thankyou Sponsors for making My racers happy!

On ANother Note, spoke with the trophy guy. he will get the plaques to me by friday hopefully. Is anyone going to the Xmas Race at Camarillo? I have to be at Hobbytown Corona. If anyone from OC is going, Please do me a favor and drop the awards to the Camarillo peeps. LMK.

SOMEONE!!!!

Fran 12-12-2005 11:35 PM

Thanks for a fun day Charlie & Co. You ran a good and tight day. Soo good to see alot of familar faces, and enjoy the race ( NICE scenery!! props to those deserving!) Hope everyone has a great hoilday!!

Mr. Postman 12-14-2005 08:00 PM

Let's not forget those uber cool numbers too! They stuck well to the car bodies, but thet were easy to remove after the race. I don't know what the cost was for these, but those would be nice to have for future OCC races.

TC