Search

Railyard Hobbies Winter 2015 Indoor Off-Road Clay Season

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmasseydrmx7
UGH, it's like talking to my girlfriend
where's that beating your head into a wall emoticon?
Hahahah
Old 02-06-2015, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default yep

Originally Posted by wyd
Critters races Friday and Sunday, Bumps on Sunday and The Track is on Sat. Mimis From Lanc is about 2 hours and from Hummelstown about 1 1/2 hours.
man i wish i could go down to sjrc for 1/8 before winters over or critters for 1/10 looks like a great track but unfortunately my work schedule has me getting up at 1:50 am
we will run railyard either way .i come from a long line of blown out offroad tracks (hobbytown Reading)Hey at least all the competition has the same issue on race day.
That stinking Kyle kid seems to get better the worse the track gets....look out old timers
Old 02-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey give Kyle's crew chief some credit! It sucks when your kid kills your lap times
Old 02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KAMAGM
Hey give Kyle's crew chief some credit! It sucks when your kid kills your lap times
Plus he prolly wouldn't do well if someone wasn't nice enough to clean his tires Hahahah he's got a lot of potential he's an awesome driver and a good kid
Old 02-06-2015, 07:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prsjdsx1cr
man i wish i could go down to sjrc for 1/8 before winters over or critters for 1/10 looks like a great track but unfortunately my work schedule has me getting up at 1:50 am
we will run railyard either way .i come from a long line of blown out offroad tracks (hobbytown Reading)Hey at least all the competition has the same issue on race day.
That stinking Kyle kid seems to get better the worse the track gets....look out old timers
Ouch that is early in the AM for sure.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New subject!

How in the hell do I extract this stripped out screw? I'll need it out as soon as I snap an A-arm and I'll be running it at Railyard tomorrow.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edintheclouds
How in the hell do I extract this stripped out screw? I'll need it out as soon as I snap an A-arm and I'll be running it at Railyard tomorrow.

Everyone should have this set and a cordless driver in their toolbox.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ontel-Spe...-205110987-_-N
Old 02-07-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Whenever I strip something that I aleays try putting a piece of wax paper in the hex and it usually breaks it loose but I can't be completely rounded, just slot it
Old 02-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man

Purple : Ha it's the EVO tires man . Really though reading on the AKA tread on this site at diffrent tracks around the country it's the same issue. Actually AKA knows it .
All they said was they do rip because the rubber isn't as stretchy as other compounds. They didn't say it was a problem. They did say there always looking to improve on that. And it's also not just their tires but all brands have the same issue because clay compounds don't stretch.

Go take you 1:1 car slide into the curb and call Goodyear and tell them there's a problem with their tire. They will tell you the same thing I'm telling you, " Your a idiot"
Old 02-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Kinda sucked today not having the scoring computer on, made what I felt were improvements to my setup but not sure if I'm any quicker lol.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by purple rides
All they said was they do rip because the rubber isn't as stretchy as other compounds. They didn't say it was a problem. They did say there always looking to improve on that. And it's also not just their tires but all brands have the same issue because clay compounds don't stretch.

Go take you 1:1 car slide into the curb and call Goodyear and tell them there's a problem with their tire. They will tell you the same thing I'm telling you, " Your a idiot"
Whatever. Spit my Chainlinks tonight around the back left corner while breaking. TWO sessions on those tires.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Always racing!

Hella session tonight gents. Thanks Jason and Jason for the help. Awesome people at this track! I'm getting better, and I can't wait to find out what my lap times are if there is ever some kind of timing system invented. I'd pay like, a hundred dollars for something that could track my lap times. As I was packing it in I watched Mike just covering ground in his black truck. Cripes! Scary. I don't know who was piloting the buggy that was on the track with him, but damm, he was giving him a run too! Bring the ruckus!

A note... any volunteer turn marshals are welcome but the young ens need a certain amount of dexterity and attention. I got hit right square in the left ARSE cheekbone last time I was on the track, trying to fix a barrier tube, by a short course bumper! If that would have hit me in the face/eye/nose area, it not have been as laughed off. Many angels of the track could bring an out of control car ( like mine) to eye level of a little kid and I would be distraught if I hurt a mini turn marshaller - Agreed?
Old 02-07-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Yea those little kids that were marshaling towards the end of the night had me nervous. I got hit in the ankle this afternoon in the corner after the big double and it's all kinds of cool colors now, and I think there's an imprint of a B5m front bumper, lol!

Anyone know what happened to the normal kid that marshals? He bugged out around 3 o'clock and was never seen again. Maybe we stole his job.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Edintheclouds
Whatever. Spit my Chainlinks tonight around the back left corner while breaking. TWO sessions on those tires.
That sucks, talked with guys that race there and Sjrc it only happens there. I raced there for the first series. Before the track was all cracked up. There were no tire problems then. The only difference is the track has giant cracks in it now! Which is why we haven't been there and won't be there until the problem is solved. When the track gets fixed we'll be back to support it. In the meantime there are to many other tracks to go race at where the conditions are good.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by purple rides
That sucks, talked with guys that race there and Sjrc it only happens there. I raced there for the first series. Before the track was all cracked up. There were no tire problems then. The only difference is the track has giant cracks in it now! Which is why we haven't been there and won't be there until the problem is solved. When the track gets fixed we'll be back to support it. In the meantime there are to many other tracks to go race at where the conditions are good.
+1 to that
I can't wait to go to sjrc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.