Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2013/14 CRCRC Winter Racing League (Ohio) >

2013/14 CRCRC Winter Racing League (Ohio)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013/14 CRCRC Winter Racing League (Ohio)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2013/14 CRCRC Winter Racing League (Ohio)

Everyone, the CRCRC Winter Racing League series is back this winter season with some big changes. As CRCRC is not building an indoor track this winter, the WRL will be held at three other excellent indoor off road tracks in Central Ohio including The Loft, Sparks Park RC Raceway, and the RC Factory.

CRCRC will be running the same great show as always along with each of the venues in this 6 race series. Last season the series averaged over 140 entries per race with as many as 180 at a single event. See the flyer below and let me know if you have any questions.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Popular tires at all track are BK Bars. Suburbs MC work well at Sparks and Factory, and are ok at the Loft (bk bar pink are better there).

HB Beams work well too in both Escale and buggy.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

1 month away to first race!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

WRL 3.0 Track Spotlight: The Loft

The first and fourth rounds of the WRL will be held at one of the newest tracks in Central Ohio, The Loft. The loft is operated by local racers Pete Clark and Wayne Straughter and they have done a fantastic job.

Located at 1300 Memory Lane in Columbus, Ohio, The Loft is a 100' x 65' RC off road track with plenty of indoor pit space. Several pit spaces exist with concrete floors and plenty of heat. There are also unique pit spaces in a section overlooking the track which gives the track it's namesake.
The loft has mens and womens restrooms in the building and usually has food and drink for sale for larger races. No hobby shop yet.

This is the smallest of the WRL tracks, but The Loft has LOTS of dirt and that allows them to make some unique layouts with plenty of elevation changes. Escale runs there fine, though you will not open it up quite as much as you will at the other two WRL venues. The drivers stand is plenty large and plenty high and there are no poles in the track so visibility is rock solid.

Pete and Wayne run a great program helped along by a fabulous group of support racers. And of course, CRCRC will be there at the WRL to make sure things are running consistently as always as you will expect at all of the WRL races.

Thanks for looking and don't miss this one coming up on October 12. I'll be spotlighting the other two tracks in the coming weeks.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Round One of the WRL is at The Loft this Saturday.

There will be a practice Friday night and plenty of practice Saturday morning.

Grandview Hobbies has donated a TLR 22 2.0 buggy to be given away during the race. See you there.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RodneyB
Grandview Hobbies has donated a TLR 22 2.0 buggy to be given away during the race.
Do I have to be present to win? Tell Bob @ Grandview I said hello.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Blake how have you been. Will do.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

This Saturday is Round 2 of the CRCRC winter racing league (WRL) to be held at Sparks Park RC Raceway. Formerly EN Hobbies, Glen Sparks is the new owner and has made significant improvements to the facility including a much larger off road indoor off road track, great pits, and a hobby shop. The track can be quite high traction as Glenn tends to keep it moist, though it can loose up a little at the end of the day. Sparks Park has over 100 native pit spaces and more tables will be brought in for the WRL so there will be plenty of space to stretch out. The drivers stand is large and features a ramp. The main pit room features a big screen TV with Direct TV for watching those Buckeye games.

Thanks to Glenn for putting together another top notch racing facility in the central Ohio area. We are truly blessed with lots of great tracks so support them all! A new layout is being installed this week for the WRL and I expect there will be food on site for the race. Doors open at 8AM on Saturday Nov 9 and racing starts at about 11. We are going to greatly tighten the reins on the number of practice laps and marshaling response to get everyone out sooner as well. Round 1 went extremely smooth and I don't expect any different this time. There will also be a practice Friday evening for those that are interested.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I thought I read that Friday would have a club race?
Blake
Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No racing but there will be practice Friday.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

What time will the track open? I don't Facebook.
Blake
Old 11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I left the option for club race or practice open to the track operators. Sparks has opted for a Friday practice so they can have time in the evening for track maintenance.

Saturday doors open at 8am. Friday I think 4 but will have to check.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

How's the points working again??? Think I can only make it to the 2/1, 3/1, and 4/5 races.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Two drops, but The last race is a double points race so you would essentially have a third drop. So yes you can attend only the last three races and get full points. There is an attendance point for each race that you would miss for the first three races.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.