Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norcal Vs. Socal Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xxxkat
For a location how about Showtime in bakersfield,It's about half way,good track,It's not really anyones home track.I dont think Hesperia is a good location for this race,it's like at least 7 to 8 hours away for the Nor Cal guys.And we all know how much you So. Cal racers like to travel(Heck only 5 of you drove to showtime for the OC series )And you want the Nor. Cal guys to drive 8 hours to race at one of your"home track"..You guys can do better than that..
hey hey hey hold on there sparky I belive it was your post that made a lot of us stay home remember this

dont think i would go the grapvine(99)route,from what i heard long delays.I would go 14 to 58.I would check first to see about the road conditions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Signature
Old 01-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

I'm SoCal all the way baby!!! Besides Arron kicked me off of the other 'nor cal' forum and called me a bad stepchild... So after I cried for hours and stomped my feet with heels on till my feet were numb (bad Waterboy reference), I came to the realization that I'm now a full fledged SoCal muff... I mean mutt

Howard, who do you think started this round of North vs South? (I looove it by the way...) And didn't you read my Ode' of the Hardcore racer? Of course I'm in like a slim jim!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Big Rigg

Howard, who do you think started this round of North vs South? (I looove it by the way...) And didn't you read my Ode' of the Hardcore racer? Of course I'm in like a slim jim!!!
I have no idea . think some one got thier panties in a bunch or grew a set
Old 01-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

For your reading pleasure: http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...iteMessages=71
Old 01-27-2005, 05:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

This is a race I'd actually travel a little ways for, Bakersfield would be good, it is pretty much the 1/2 way point. I'll be up at the TCS race in March too to see what NorCal has to bring to the table
Old 01-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yes this is a race I would also travel for,I'll see if any of the Fresno racers would want any of this.. For who's running this Race my pick would be Charlie Barnes.. Say some time in March,I'm sure Don at Showtime would be happy to hold this race at his track..
Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey I tried. Offered up a place to race, and the "California Cup".

The race could be held in S. Cal. one year then N.Cal. the next, alternate each year.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post I AGREE !!

Originally posted by Scott Welte
Hey I tried. Offered up a place to race, and the "California Cup".

The race could be held in S. Cal. one year then N.Cal. the next, alternate each year.
Alternating the races .. But The best place to hold such an event here in SoCal is 4FUN HOBBIES ,, perminate track , fully stocked pro shop and the Best People you'll every want to host a race !!!!
Old 01-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by howard hudson
oh well !!!

there is a series race going on ( two of them to be exact) and then the Reedy

besides you don't want to race me.. I am old and sloooooooww
We need these onroad race series to start running an "old dudes, over 40, Masters" class, like they do with a lot of the big offroad races.

That's one of the big reasons I got a T4. I was tired of getting woopped up on by all of these "youngsters".

TC

CoBroRa
Old 01-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

For a location how about Showtime in bakersfield,It's about half way,good track,It's not really anyones home track.I dont think Hesperia is a good location for this race,it's like at least 7 to 8 hours away for the Nor Cal guys.And we all know how much you So. Cal racers like to travel(Heck only 5 of you drove to showtime for the OC series )And you want the Nor. Cal guys to drive 8 hours to race at one of your"home track"..You guys can do better than that..
Hey now! I drove 12 hours to ARCOR in Albuquerque, NM to run in the Novice class last September. I've recently had a change in my work hours and I'm still getting used to waking up at 3:00am.

I'd wished that I'd had gone though. It would probably have been my only chance to earn any points in the series.

TC

CoBroRa
Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Yes this is a race I would also travel for,I'll see if any of the Fresno racers would want any of this.. For who's running this Race my pick would be Charlie Barnes.. Say some time in March,I'm sure Don at Showtime would be happy to hold this race at his track..
March probably wouldn't be so good. You have both the NorCal TCS and the Cactus Classic races in March. Any big races happening in April?

TC

CoBroRa
Old 01-27-2005, 09:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I dont think there is much in April... at least nothing I can think off right off the top of my head. Just make sure it isnt the same week as a Jimmy Babcock race.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think we could probably borrow the Stanley Cup for this event. Since the weenie players are still crying for more money, they will never miss it. Besides, if it can end up in the bottom of a Toronto river, I think it would be safer on a nice shelf at a pro shop in Hesperia cause you just know So Cal will take it !

CoBroRa / TAOB
Home of the disgruntled hockey fan
Old 01-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Howard- I can jump in there and south represent! lol
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Screw that! This is Cali only... we need to find out who our best drivers are so we can then start smack talkin to the rest of the country! Seriously though if you want to run you can help out the nor cal guys... they need it

I kid, I kid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.